Tribiski off to a blazing start with the Bears.....

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
My reading comprehension is just fine. Even you admit in a later post that he took a few snaps from under center.
This doesn't even warrant a response but I am going to oblige anyway. You and lunker are basing your argument on .0001% of his collegiate snaps. It barely registers on any scale except those looking to make a point, albeit a small one.

It was a pretty simple statement. Trubisky struggled to take snaps out of the gate in a pro-style offense because for 4 years he took 99.999% of his snaps from the shotgun.

“Developing quarterbacks, there are different phases,” he said. “The first phase, and I think it’s increased in my time in the league where you have to make the transition to what you’re teaching because everybody is different as far as ball carriage, how they play away from the center. In the old days, you’d get a guy that all he knew was how to play under center. Then you’d put him in the ’gun for the first time. It’s the total opposite now. You have guys coming into the league that have never taken a snap from center. The first part is that transition phase. The center exchange is the most important part of the play. It’s the starting point of the play so you have to get that part right and all your quarterbacks have to be trained exactly the same in that areas and that’s a little bigger deal than I think sometimes gets recognized because of the little things to that.” - Mike McCarthy

And maybe, just maybe, it isn't on the QB at all......... either that or Glennon is making Rookie mistakes. From ESPN:

Mike Glennon

Wow moment:
Glennon’s passes have been on point on underneath routes. Monday’s workout was no different. He hit wide receiver Cameron Meredith in stride on a 15-yard completion down the right seam in 11-on-11 drills. Later, in another full-team drill, Glennon successfully climbed the pocket as the protection around him collapsed to find tight end Dion Sims close to the right sideline. Glennon isn’t the most mobile quarterback, but he showed smart pocket presence on that play.

Whoa moment: Glennon uncharacteristically botched two snaps -- the first in 7-on-7 and then later in 11-on-11. These are easy issues to clean up, but every wasted rep matters in training camp. Glennon also threw the football at the feet of running back Ka'Deem Carey on a pass out of the backfield during 7-on-7 work.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Lol.

You first say he hasn't took a snap under center since high school.

That was wrong.

You later retracted and said 99.999%.

That's wrong as well.

3rd time a charm?

Look, we all know he played exclusively in shotgun offense but it's also so ironic that you present it in a way that's not all true and then we call you out on small legalities of the arguement and you get all in an uproar. Kinda resembles the topic we aren't allowed to discuss here.

Last edited:

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
This doesn't even warrant a response but I am going to oblige anyway. You and lunker are basing your argument on .0001% of his collegiate snaps. It barely registers on any scale except those looking to make a point, albeit a small one.

It was a pretty simple statement. Trubisky struggled to take snaps out of the gate in a pro-style offense because for 4 years he took 99.999% of his snaps from the shotgun.
See, now that the second statement is true. You're initial statement wasn't factual which I was pointing out.

I never addressed Trubisky fumbles in camp. It's very easy to go back in the thread and check. All I did was call you out on your hyperbole filled post.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Lol.

You first say he hasn't took a snap under center since high school.

That was wrong.

You later retracted and said 99.999%.

That's wrong as well.

3rd time a charm?
No, you're splitting hairs to find technicalities to make your gripes about Trubisky's botched snaps seem legitimate when in reality even those beat writers and coaches are telling you exactly as I am.

What's your third time? 99.998% LOL. You have at it. Humor me.

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
See, now that the second statement is true. You're initial statement wasn't factual which I was pointing out.
So you're argument is 'alt was wrong about 100%, 99.999% is more accurate'?

Hahahahahah! As the world turns in the sports forum!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i cant believe it is considered newsworthy how many snaps a qb muffs in training camp. any qb any team.

what a sorry job to have to report that minutiae. :)

Last edited:

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
No, you're splitting hairs to find technicalities to make your gripes about Trubisky's botched snaps seem legitimate when in reality even those beat writers and coaches are telling you exactly as I am.

What's your third time? 99.998% LOL. You have at it. Humor me.
Still wrong.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
So you're argument is 'alt was wrong about 100%, 99.999% is more accurate'?

Hahahahahah! As the world turns in the sports forum!
In your other reply just before the one I am quoting here, you stated 99.999%. So you'll have to admit, you don't know what the real number is and you're just making stuff up. Honesty isn't your strong suit.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone that knows football knows that T rarely and I mean rarely took a snap under Center. It is not that hard to understand.

Alt is right but haters gotta hate.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Anyone that knows football knows that T rarely and I mean rarely took a snap under Center. It is not that hard to understand.

Alt is right? lol

Alt said he hasn't took a snap under center since high school days, which is false. He retracted to say 99.999, which is also false.

We're not arguing that he rarely took a snap under center. We all know that.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

Well, you would be wrong. I have a daughter who is a UNC grad. It's my engineering background that likes precision in writing.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Well, you would be wrong. I have a daughter who is a UNC grad. It's my engineering background that likes precision in writing.
Alt is right, but I understand about engineers. Grew up beside one. 2 of my friends are chemical engineers and 1 is an electrical engineer. Most engineers are anal and jerks.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Alt is right, but I understand about engineers. Grew up beside one. 2 of my friends are chemical engineers and 1 is an electrical engineer. Most engineers are anal and jerks.
Nope. I don't hate on UNC. Again, another imprecise statement.

Last edited:

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Alt is right? lol

Alt said he hasn't took a snap under center since high school days, which is false. He retracted to say 99.999, which is also false.

We're not arguing that he rarely took a snap under center. We all know that.
Please just stop. You're arguing semantics and making us all look bad.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
you guys really are anal. you know exactly the point that alt was making.

turbo was a no go under center until he got to the big show. :)

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
you guys really are anal. you know exactly the point that alt was making.

turbo was a no go under center until he got to the big show. :)

We all know he didn't play under center. Since UNC likes to argue semantics, I'd thought I would jump in as well.