Tribiski off to a blazing start with the Bears.....

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Best round of golf I ever played I shanked every drive on the range. Maybe he's got sweaty palms from counting all that money? Lol

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Excuse me... Trubisky

3 fumbles in his first 6 snaps? Sweaty Hands again? LOL...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ling-with-fumbled-snaps-during-training-camp/
He's had, what? 4 days of camp? And you're worried about 3 minutes on the first day of his rookie season playing under center for the first time in his post-HS career? LOL

'Despite his issues with snaps—which isn’t surprising given that he hasn’t taken a snap under center since high school—Trubisky’s arm talent has drawn rave reviews from attendees at training camp.

He has completed several impressive throws, including a few deep balls that displayed his improvement with his down-the-field touch.

Plus, he has delivered impressive throws outside of the pocket, showing off his athleticism and playmaking ability. Basically, when he gives himself a chance to throw the ball, he looks like an NFL quarterback. Arguably, he probably already has more arm talent than anyone on the roster even now.

Sure, no one is saying that Trubisky should start an NFL game just yet. One should ideally handle snaps cleanly before that happens. But don’t forget: this was his first padded NFL practice. With many more practices and pre-season games left in training camp, I expect that he’ll move past these minor obstacles rather quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Trubisky’s issues still stem from his inexperience, which isn’t surprising at all. He clearly has the same athleticism, elusiveness and arm strength that was evident on his North Carolina tape, but it’s going to take some time to put it together at the NFL level.

One play Monday summed up Trubisky’s first five practices perfectly: Rolling to his right, the quarterback managed to launch a 45-yard bomb that was placed perfectly over two defenders and into the arms of tight end Ben Braunecker, who went up and made a nice catch. Let’s be honest, though: It was probably an ill-advised pass into double-coverage. Still, the natural ability was on display.
'

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
While we're on it, let's look at the national champion :) :

WHITE SULPHER SPRINGS (CBS HOUSTON) –

>>>Deshaun Watson looked a lot like a rookie today. He missed a handoff because he turned the wrong direction. He has a play go sideways on him because he rolled the wrong way. There were a few quick tuck and run plays from him during some team activities. He had a beautiful deep ball sail deep on him. Watson did nothing to close the gap between him and Tom Savage today.

>>>The defense forced Watson to use his mobility. He is by far the most mobile QB with a chance to start the Texans have ever had. He rolled and let his blocker reset on one play and then set his feet to make the throw. He also threw the ball away when a few of his plays got blown up by the defense.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I probably won't be this year unless Glennon gets hurt or is just flat horribile but Tribiski will eventually start.......he has too. When they select you that high they have to play you.

With that said I think he will be a bust, but I also thought several other would bust that went on to be good players and I hope he does as well.
I was hoping Glennon would go to Arizona. I think he had a much better chance of succeeding there than with the Bears.

sent from...... Tapatalk

He's had, what? 4 days of camp? And you're worried about 3 minutes on the first day of his rookie season playing under center for the first time in his post-HS career? LOL

'Despite his issues with snaps—which isn’t surprising given that he hasn’t taken a snap under center since high school—Trubisky’s arm talent has drawn rave reviews from attendees at training camp.

He has completed several impressive throws, including a few deep balls that displayed his improvement with his down-the-field touch.

Plus, he has delivered impressive throws outside of the pocket, showing off his athleticism and playmaking ability. Basically, when he gives himself a chance to throw the ball, he looks like an NFL quarterback. Arguably, he probably already has more arm talent than anyone on the roster even now.

Sure, no one is saying that Trubisky should start an NFL game just yet. One should ideally handle snaps cleanly before that happens. But don’t forget: this was his first padded NFL practice. With many more practices and pre-season games left in training camp, I expect that he’ll move past these minor obstacles rather quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Trubisky’s issues still stem from his inexperience, which isn’t surprising at all. He clearly has the same athleticism, elusiveness and arm strength that was evident on his North Carolina tape, but it’s going to take some time to put it together at the NFL level.

One play Monday summed up Trubisky’s first five practices perfectly: Rolling to his right, the quarterback managed to launch a 45-yard bomb that was placed perfectly over two defenders and into the arms of tight end Ben Braunecker, who went up and made a nice catch. Let’s be honest, though: It was probably an ill-advised pass into double-coverage. Still, the natural ability was on display.
'
not true

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Very true. He played out of the shotgun 99.99999% of his time at UNC. Are you seriously going to argue against that? He may have taken a handful of snaps in goalline formations, however that is night and day to playing in a pro-style offense and Fedora's offense.