Tri Star Viper 410 Recall

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I was looking for a cheap 30-06 at the Walmart clearance and we saw the .410. Dad almost bought one because it was a 3” semi with a long barrel. He did appear to ponder as if something felt off and shrugged that he really didn’t need it. Looks like that was a good thing.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Tristar is absolute garbage - I’ve owned one and never will again. The only thing worse is their customer service

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tristar is absolute garbage - I’ve owned one and never will again. The only thing worse is their customer service

They are hit or miss. A good one functions flawlessly and a bad one doesnt at all. Not much in between. Ive never owned one but have shooting peers that have them. Ive shot a few of them and the good ones really shoot well. Ive handled a couple finicky ones and havent seen one that could be fixed.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have a 20 ga. Raptor that runs flawless. Maybe we just got lucky.
One of the guys that I deer hunt with has a 12ga. He drives with the dogs and uses it for a machete, walking stick, brush beater, and probably has used it for a paddle. Never gave him one bit of trouble to last year and it FTF. I looked at it and asked him if he had ever cleaned it? He just laughed. I took it back to my camper and cleaned it that night and have never seen a dirtier gun in my life.

I ran a mag of low brass through it when I finished and it was fine. I know he killed 3 more deer with it before the end of season with no issues. He must have gotten one of the good ones.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
We have a 20 ga. Raptor that runs flawless. Maybe we just got lucky.

I borrowed a plain jane 20ga synthetic model from a friend at DeWhitt's that looked like it had never been cleaned. It ran flawless through every round fired that day. I wish I could say the same for me.

<>< Fish

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
I have a 28 gauge that I bought when the G2 bronze first came out, it has been flawless thru many flats of shells. I do clean it often just like my other gas guns. Usually it slings empties past the adjoining station on skeet field. No complaints here at all

Reactions: DRS