Trent River Bream

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Took the new Xpress and the crow to New Bern this morning. The fish bite slow, but the few we kept were nice. Going stink the grease up tomorrow evening. Crickets and a bream buster is my thing. I truly enjoy t.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I grew up in the front of my Dad's juniper Lumber River paddle boat, 11' bug pole in my hand and a white popping bug on the end of the line. Memories are made of the numbers of bream, warmouth and redbreast we put into the boat box and fried up with frizzy edged cakes of yellow cornbread and finely minced coleslaw. With any luck I'll be over some bream beds in the blackwater come next full moon.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
went back this past Saturday and it was slow. we caught a few, but it was slow. We did pick up 3 bass in one spot. Nothing like a decent bass on a bream buster.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Slipped up to New Bern yesterday and caught a few more. Only fished 2 new spots and had a more than I wanted to clean. I threw back bigger fish yesterday than the normal size I usually keep.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Trent is a nice little river for bream. Unfortunately, this year, every time I have time to go, the weather is bad, and when it's good weather, I'm already obligated to something else.