treed

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, saw several pics. and videos of a friend that was tuning up bear dogs this weekend. No way in hell I would be doing that, I couldn't carry that much permethrin. LOL

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It would take a 4 wheel drive pack mule to tote me out of there. I had forgotten all about gnats and humidity. It ain’t even hot yet.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It would take a 4 wheel drive pack mule to tote me out of there. I had forgotten all about gnats and humidity. It ain’t even hot yet.
Gnats are starting to get bad, a month ago they weren't out at all. I was down there last weekend and they were starting to crank pretty bad even out in the open

RJ1

Ten Pointer
They were not that bad around the house I ran some Friday and Saturday morning, of course I'm sure running in some of the downeast counties its a different story. Had some really good running I've got some young dogs that are going to be some really outstanding bear hounds.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I got on one today that I couldn't stop , well they stopped him in the ditch for about a minute . He decided he didn't like that . Let the hounds run him couple hours and he started getting a head of them pretty good. When he crossed the last road a deer hound was all over him but never barked . Lol . Yellow flies and mosquito galore

RJ1

Ten Pointer
one of my favorite time of year to watch/see bears,,,family had a blast when they used to go with me down that way,,,

Had a few cars stop at one of the fields Sunday, they were looking at two cubs playing on the edge of the field, two women didn't like me stopping them from going into the field to get a better " cell phone picture", I told them that thing that looks like a log laying next to the woods is their mama and she wouldn't like you going down that way. I blew the horn she got up an looked our way.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Had a few cars stop at one of the fields Sunday, they were looking at two cubs playing on the edge of the field, two women didn't like me stopping them from going into the field to get a better " cell phone picture", I told them that thing that looks like a log laying next to the woods is their mama and she wouldn't like you going down that way. I blew the horn she got up an looked our way.

a lot of people just don’t get wild animals - to much disney education