Tree saddle and archery

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
This is the best lightweight climber around. You need to get the right accessories but it is worth it if you have long hikes to your location. I believe in hiking from a long distance. A big buck will not move until long after dark if you drive in on an atv. Also the secret to being patience is to be comfortable.

Last edited:

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
This is the best lightweight climber around. You need to get the right accessories but it is worth it if you have long hikes to your location. I believe in hiking from a long distance. A big buck will not move until long after dark if you drive in on an atv. Also the secret to being patience is to be comfortable.

Climbers have their place but a saddle can get you into a lot more trees than a climber that’s one of the biggest appeals to me and a lot of other people.

I can setup on a 6-8” tree if I wanted (I don’t to fat)
But also if a tree has a big limb I can go around it and keep going up.
Or if the tree has a big bend or big knot I can get around it and adjust to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Never tried a saddle so do not know much about them. I do feel totally safe in my climber but I also use fall protection.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
if anyone is interested Aerohunter is having a sale on their gear. I don’t use their products but know some who do and love them. Use this code for 15% off. AERO15

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
How does a tree saddle work for us 290lb boys ?

ive got an older trophy line saddle that has been barely used. its an XL and im 250 and it is pretty big on me. im going to be selling it since a buddy gave me his old saddle for helping him out.

its heavier than whats made today but i also think its more comfortable than the one i was given but its heavier its a give and take.

5 Shot

Ten Pointer

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Tried 3 different saddles and went back to using my climber.
Have you tried a light weight hang on stand and some climbing sticks? Tends to pack lighter than a climber and can into more trees then with a climber. Trees that have cover and don’t have to be straight. Just throwing that out there.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
My wife got me a saddle for Christmas and after experimenting with it the last month or so I really like it. Personally I find it more comfortable than most treestands, especially compared to lightweight climbers. I also like the wide range of motion. Now I’m just trying to find a new climbing system

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Should be fine as long as something doesn’t slow chad down. I think I saw a post where he is still making each saddle himself.

I have several... Areo Hunter Kite and Evo, Guidos Web, custom Sitdrag and my newest and favorite is the JX3 Hybrid. I've used several types of platforms. I mostly hunt out of my Web but this year will be the JX3. With both of those, a few screw in steps is all the platform you need. I've been hunting out of saddles for a while now, let me know if you have any questions.

I ordered my JX3 yesterday. Switching from a summit climber (mostly). I'm looking to be mobile and choose almost any tree I want.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Trophyline has a sale on their line of saddles. Use promo code USA for 18% off.

KEVLAR TV

Button Buck
Ordered the Tethrd system last week. Can't wait to give it a shot, get some practice in with the bow and go hunting soon!

berryman26

Six Pointer
Got my Cruzr in and so far it's great. Need to take it up high and get a little more familiar. If anyone's in Raleigh area you're welcome to try it out.

What platforms are y’all using? I see quite a few for sale but don’t know which is better?

KEVLAR TV

Button Buck
Question for hunting on gamelands, are you allowed to trim trees and cut shooting lanes? From what I read in the regulations it seems like you could even use screw in steps, as long as the structure wasn't permanent on gamelands. Is that correct? Anyone have experience with this? I'm coming from using a climber and I'm new to deer hunting public.

berryman26

Six Pointer
Question for hunting on gamelands, are you allowed to trim trees and cut shooting lanes? From what I read in the regulations it seems like you could even use screw in steps, as long as the structure wasn't permanent on gamelands. Is that correct? Anyone have experience with this? I'm coming from using a climber and I'm new to deer hunting public.
Under 'Other Restrictions' it reads as if those screw in steps may be allowed if you remove them after season of course:
-"It is unlawful to erect or to occupy for the purpose of hunting, any tree stand or platform attached by nails, screws, bolts or wire to a tree on any game land designated herein. This prohibition shall not apply to lag-screw steps or portable stands that are removed after use with no metal left remaining in or attached to the tree. "
http://www.eregulations.com/northcarolina/hunting-fishing/general-game-lands-regulations/

As for cutting limbs, I don't think you're allowed to cut major branches but that may be in here somewhere.