Tree dogs

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Moved my last tree dog today. Carried her to a buddies house to hopefully show him some coons. I started back deer dogging last year after a couple year hiatus so that's the direction I'll be headed now. I had some good times following coon dogs and some awful times too lol. Nothing like hearing your dog open deep in the woods on a cool night. I honestly thought I was done deer dogging until some buddies talked me into joining a club they were in year before last, i was just a stander that year. Fast forward to this past season and i couldnt stand it. I was back into it dead ahead and getting a pack of dogs together. I was short on private land to coon hunt and huntinf alone 90 perecnt of the time. I did have some great hunts on some public land near me this year which was very nice. The only down side was I did not have the warm fuzzies about leaving my truck out on the road and at Gates on public land. Never had any problems but wasnt excited none the less. Hard to enjoy yourself like that. I dog hunt with a group of guys that ive hunted with for probably 20 years, none od us are greedy hunters we just like to keep up with the dogs. Not going to say I wont have another tree dog because I never thought I'd start back deer dogging. I do know one thing for sure. As long as I am able bodied I will have a hound dog of some kind. Nothing like hunting with a dog.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
After living my whole life in NC, I will admit that I have never heard a pack of deer dogs working, I'd like to, it may be the most beautiful sound in the world...

But after working with this last pup I got I cannot imagine life without a treein dog here at the house. It got me bad.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
After living my whole life in NC, I will admit that I have never heard a pack of deer dogs working, I'd like to, it may be the most beautiful sound in the world...

But after working with this last pup I got I cannot imagine life without a treein dog here at the house. It got me bad.
Holler at me after Oct. You can go with me any weekend. You can go on stand and should hear plenty of races, or you can go with me on the drives itself with the dogs and I'll promise you you will hear some races.