Trapping video/book?

workennels

Eight Pointer
I am going to try to learn coyote and bobcat trapping this year and was wondering if yall can recommend a good video or book on these species. I have some trapping experience but have never targeted these, I have about everything I need other then some bigger traps(all I have is 1.5s) going off what Ive read I am going to start with a dozen bridger #3 4coils. thanks guys

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Any of Charles Dobbins books or videos are excellent. On the traps, 4 coils are not really necessary to hold yotes and cats IMO. I would recommend laminated jaws though. I personally like the MB 550 OS Cast jaw 2 coil trap. They are ready to go out of the box after degreasing and your choice of trap dip/wax and chain mods to be NC legal. And for coyotes, you need to either double stake or use earth anchors. Coyotes will pump a single rebar stake out of the ground in short order.

workennels

Eight Pointer
Thank you very much QBD, everyone around here complains about the coyotes but no one really does anything about them, reckon ill try haha.

workennels

Eight Pointer
Thanks for the advice QBD! Ordered a dozen of those traps along wolf fang earth anchors on 1/8 cable and some sleepy creek springs, I know we didn't talk lure and urine but have several dobbins yote and cat lures comin, and a buddy of mine has some homemade stuff Im going to try as well.