Trapping run for 7 y/o over Holidays

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Trying local to me in PA but thought I’d ask here if it doesn’t work out. My 7 y/o is dying to trap. I found a break in my hectic schedule and took between Christmas and New Years off. If I can’t find a Local to tag along with is season open in NC and would someone be willing to let us tag along? I’m going to take the class in PA this weekend as well.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
1 guy offered but got busy, caught up with a Neighbor who offered to help and a guy from one of my Sites if we get desperate. Going to run and pickup some raccoon traps day after Christmas and give it a go. If nothing else we’ll get out in the woods.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
ju try huntingpa.com ? in their trapping forum?
how about trapperman.com ?
or lynxlair? or greybeards?

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I’m on HuntingPA. Between a neighbor, YouTube, and a co-worker plus an old poster here I am sorted enough to set some tomorrow with him. Just going to set 6 DPs for coons and 4 MB550s to start. My Neighbor has sets all along behind the house and while he’s generous I don’t want to impose so we’ll go a little farther to some other spots. Best spots I think may be landlocked spot I saw Cat and Fisher last year. The only access is rock climbing and not taking him there. The other is a popular trail set for local hikers/dog walkers on SGL so I’ll avoid that as well. If we get 1 coon we’ll be happy

Best part, my non-hunting/non-fishing Wife is showing interest too.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I’m on HuntingPA. Between a neighbor, YouTube, and a co-worker plus an old poster here I am sorted enough to set some tomorrow with him. Just going to set 6 DPs for coons and 4 MB550s to start. My Neighbor has sets all along behind the house and while he’s generous I don’t want to impose so we’ll go a little farther to some other spots. Best spots I think may be landlocked spot I saw Cat and Fisher last year. The only access is rock climbing and not taking him there. The other is a popular trail set for local hikers/dog walkers on SGL so I’ll avoid that as well. If we get 1 coon we’ll be happy

Best part, my non-hunting/non-fishing Wife is showing interest too.

Haha that’s the trappers secret! I dunno what it is but trapping made my woman more interested in hunting and fishing. She asked to release a catch from a foothold this morning! Pretty cool. I have family about 40 min from you (they don’t trap) but they said there’s been fisher everywhere this year up there!