Trapping on Sunday???

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
I have not trapped in NC for 30 years,,,,, out west we sat and ran traps on Sunday,,, what is the deal here??? I have a few yotes that need catching,,, I read through the regs but may have missed it,,, traps are the right size,,,, name and address tags are attached ,,, Found on page 4 of the regs that I do not need a license on my own land,, is that correct as well?

Normally I would call in the yotes and shoot them but these are coming through 3-4 times a week about 2-4 am,,,,,,,,,

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Not sure about trapping on your own land and needing a license, but you can absolutely trap and dispatch on Sundays.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
John, the county licenses are gone with the new license structure. Yes, you can check and set on Sundays, and I'm pretty sure you don't need a license on YOUR property.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
John, the county licenses are gone with the new license structure. Yes, you can check and set on Sundays, and I'm pretty sure you don't need a license on YOUR property.

Correct but you would still have to abide with all the other regulations like trap size, chain length and trap ID tag.

I am headed to check some traps right now and hope I have to dispatch something.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
I put a couple of Dirt Hole sets out this morning before work so they will have all day to loose my scent,,,, used some scrap deer trimmings as bait probably will have a possum in the morning

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
No possum but had a huge silver Coon,,, the local trapper I'm giving critters to will be happy