Trail Camera Recommendation

Wirehead

Eight Pointer
Like everything else consumer, choosing the best cellular trail camera is mind numbing. I suspect this topic has been discussed but please humor me…

what is your recommendations on cellular deer cameras?

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Tactacam. They will all give trouble eventually and so far tactacam is the best bar none for fixing them quickly. Reconyx is probably as good or better but a lot more money.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Most people say Tactacam, have never had one. I love my Muddy Manifest (it is set up about 100 yards down driveway for security purposes), but I had so many "regular" trail cams, that I bought 5 cell links when Academy had them for 34.99. No problems with them so far.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have had very good luck with my Spypoint and Cuddeback cellular cams. Both have proven to be very reliable with year-round use over more than three years. I did have a three of my 16 Cuddebacks crap out after about two and a half years of continuous use. I have had two Spypoint Link Darks going for over three years and they are still going strong. Cuddeback's Cuddelink system is a very economical approach with regard to cell service, but they consume batteries faster than the Spypoints.

whitty

Six Pointer
I have a SPYPOINT and it works flawlessly but the pics are so so. I just got a Tactacam and I am not impressed. It doesn’t take pictures like it should. I have adjusted the height and angle like I was told to do but it still doesn’t take the amount of pics it should.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a SPYPOINT and it works flawlessly but the pics are so so. I just got a Tactacam and I am not impressed. It doesn’t take pictures like it should. I have adjusted the height and angle like I was told to do but it still doesn’t take the amount of pics it should.
try dropping it below 3 feet off the ground then adjusting the red line, that's what I've found works the best on the two I''ve got. I sent one back for a bad PIR sensor and they re-flashed it and called it a good PIR sensor. That's when I found the answer in the Archery Talk forum, they've got pages and pages and actually a TactaCam rep on that site that gives good information that you can't find on the website.

whitty

Six Pointer
try dropping it below 3 feet off the ground then adjusting the red line, that's what I've found works the best on the two I''ve got. I sent one back for a bad PIR sensor and they re-flashed it and called it a good PIR sensor. That's when I found the answer in the Archery Talk forum, they've got pages and pages and actually a TactaCam rep on that site that gives good information that you can't find on the website.
Yeah that’s what I’ve been told. I’ve moved it around and used the red line but I think I need to lower the unit further down the tree. I have it pointed down a good bit and it is taking more pics now. All the pictures it takes the deer are in the top of the frame.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a gen 1 tacatacam reveal, after sending it back for update and reflash (at no cost to me) it has worked really well. Only complaint I have really is at longer distances the pictures can be "grainy" the quality of the image on the sd card is better, but the picture it text you isn't the best. I have friends that have the spypoints, some like them, some don't, I have no experience with them.