Track 2 today

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
TRACK 2 Today, 10 hours old, hunter had tracked deer 25 yards and lost blood, gut was smell on arrow, deer walked away from the hit. Cooper carried momentum down the hill past last blood in the direction any person would think it ran, but at the bottom of that hill we lost confidence, I picked Cooper up after 20 + minutes in that bottom and restarted him, he immediately took a left at last blood and began tracking confidently, traversing that same hill but then back up it, crossing a field, entering the woods and back down another hill. At the bottom was some dangerous terrain around a deep ledged creek, Cooper wanted in that creek and eventually paralleled it until he found a crossing. On the other side I could see beds, I assumed buck bedding. We entered downstream from where Cooper wanted to jump from, but once down I had to work upstream just to find some roots to climb to get on the other side, I was able to get Cooper up there then climb. Now we weren't near where Cooper wanted to be so we worked that edge of the creek until Cooper eventually regained the trail of that deer, when I saw buzzards start flying I knew we found him. Deer went 300 yards to his bed with a liver/gut and 1 lung hit.

IMG_20201017_183843.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Cooper's brother in Maine got his 100th recovery today. He tracks Moose, Bear and Deer, they are 3 years old. One of the best tracking teams in the country.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
well I'm glad you got Cooper down here. He's finding a whole lot more bigguns than our members so far this year. :)