Toxic Broadhead

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
I know everyone pretty much likes the rage broad heads but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the toxic Broadhead?? The reason I ask is if you go to camofire.com they have a 3 pack for 23.50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like a one shot deal because I don't see how you'd sharpen them well. That takes me out....I touch up the edges of brand new broadheads out of the pack before I shoot them....

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
Ahh good call.. Sorry, still learning all of the little things that go along with this haha

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
poison laced or explosive tipped arrows are illegal....hehe my attempt of joke

ncsuchef

Not sure I think those are too small in diameter to meet regs in NC.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Hard to beat a good muzzy or g5, tho i have been wanting to try a NAP killzone, they're kinda like a rage 2 blade minus those crappy replaceable collets.

Halffast

Six Pointer
Hard to beat a good muzzy or g5, tho i have been wanting to try a NAP killzone, they're kinda like a rage 2 blade minus those crappy replaceable collets.

The Killzone is all I shoot! Awesome blade, flies like nobody's business and cuts like a sword! Have killed three or four deer with the same head several times. Try em you will love em!

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I plan on using em this season when i find em on sale lol im a cheapo

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Never shot the toxics...but I would think you need a decent amount of KE to have exits reliably. Seems like a lot of resistance when going through a deer. May not have anymore blade area than a typical head. Idk, it just seems like it would be tougher to push through.

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
I guess I need to decide on fixed or mechanical. That's a ton of reading and tests, etc... Haha one of the guys at an outfitter said he liked his meat seekers a lot

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lots of fixed blades need a perfectly tuned bow to shoot straight. Most mechanicals fly like field points. Fixed blades Normally require less energy to penetrate than mechanicals. There are tons of great ones in each category.

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
A buddy bought some and I took him to shoot them. He uses a 10 Point xbow, I shot them with a Drenalin and my Scorpyd's. We could not get them to fly consistently @ 30yrds. Though I'm a fan of fixed blades, I couldn't recommend the toxic. Ramcat's, Slick Tricks, Phatheads, German Kinetics(If you want to spend big bucks), Harcraft, VPA and Montec make some great fixed blades. Two years ago I put one Slicktrick/arrow combo through 4 deer before needing to change the blades. Most mechanicals are one and done. No matter which head you choose, practice with it so you know how it shoots out of your equipment.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just adding this....I have never had to replace a rage or blades. Everyone knocks them for durability, but the 3 blades have held together well for me.

Kendo

Just adding this....I have never had to replace a rage or blades. Everyone knocks them for durability, but the 3 blades have held together well for me.

Yes, but if you recover ZERO deer there is no point shooting that BH? (jk btw)

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lol. I have a ba habit of missing, so the blades see the dirt quite often. On a hit it looks like a horror movie.