Towing Shackle Restoration for my F250 Power Stroke

Deerjager

I have had these 2 towing shackles since I bought my first Z71 back in 1993. The paint has long since worn off and these things were just bare metal. I bought these things long ago at the four wheel drive store on hwy 8 in Lexington NC back then. I think it is Tom;s 4 wheel of something like that. Anyhow, back to the story. Some of you may remember I do gun coating with the Norrell Moly Resin. I had some red and semi gloss black I have been wanting to try out on something.

I decided to sandblast the shackles and try out the Norrell on these. If it is good enough for my guns, why not my F250? The only thing I was disappointed in was the dark areas in the red finish on the shackle bodies. This was due to the soft nature of the un-cured coating and the weight of the shackles causing pressure points. I sprayed them 3 times and cured them twice with no luck on getting rid of them. Oh well, no worries.

Now I have a permanent, durable hard finish for these 2 shackles and I think they look pretty good for the front of my F250 Powerstroke. Now I gotta find something else to coat now.

Last edited:

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
They look good. Nice work, I'm sure the Chevy pulling you will appreciate them too.😄

Last edited:

Deerjager

They look good. Nice work, I'm sure the Chevy pulling you will appreciate them too.��

Good one, I expected a few Dodge/GM comments. I would have been disappointed if no one has disparaged my brand...:)

OnslowDeerMan

Looks great man 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I keep mine in a bag so they don't walk and have had them for 30 years or so and they look new.

But good job on them.

Deerjager

Thank you. Yeah, after showing mine off for a few more days, I an going to bag mine and put them under the rear seat so they do not walk.