Torn.. give me your opinions

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Obviously things may change drastically by end of week... and ultimately I have to own whatever decision made

BUT... would you call me crazy if my buddy and I still head out for TX Rios on Friday morning and return Monday??

ps My only concern is the distance away from my family. Other than that, if you turn Off the media nonsense.. I don’t think it’s causes any extra risk

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You mean leave Friday for Texas driving and come back following Monday??? Or come back a week later on Monday???

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
How much “ on the ground “ time do you expect to hunt? That timeline seems tight and rushed. Bring wipes for the hotel room and gas pump handles.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Obviously things may change drastically by end of week... and ultimately I have to own whatever decision made

BUT... would you call me crazy if my buddy and I still head out for TX Rios on Friday morning and return Monday??

ps My only concern is the distance away from my family. Other than that, if you turn Off the media nonsense.. I don’t think it’s causes any extra risk

I would have no problem doing it. Especially given the fact only gone 4 days.

Randy

Ten Pointer
I am canceling my trip to TX that was scheduled to be from 3/23 to 3/30 by vehicle. My wife and I are both in our 60s now and she is asthmatic. I am not especially worried about myself but I do not want bring back anything that could adversely affect her.

The ranch owner also taking this very seriously.

I also have a trip to Neb. scheduled in May. I am going to wait until closer to the departure date before making a decision on it.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I am canceling my trip to TX that was scheduled to be from 3/23 to 3/30 by vehicle. My wife and I are both in our 60s now and she is asthmatic. I am not especially worried about myself but I do not want bring back anything that could adversely affect her.

I think this is wise, not because you may be unsafe, but because she may be. Hopefully, all of this semi quarantining we’re doing will limit the spread and protect those with underlying issues, especially, pneumatic issues.

I was supposed to be in CO skiing last week with my kids’ first trip out west where I used to live. We cancelled the day before we were supposed to leave. Not because we were worried about our health but that we might bring it back to my FIL who is 86 or others we help care for. Also, wife was worried about getting stuck out there (I said “THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!”)

It turns out there were 13 Aussies that ended up quarantined last week.

If I were driving somewhere to hunt, I wouldn’t be too worried, other than the external issues. I might throw a jerry can of gas in the back though.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I was supposed to be in CO skiing last week with my kids’ first trip out west where I used to live. We cancelled the day before we were supposed to leave. Not because we were worried about our health. .....

My brother lives out there in Co.
He said most places are shut down or in the process of closing.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think you'd better act cautiously. Flying is placing more trust in the system than it deserves right now.

Driving within the state - yes. Flying or driving more than 2 tanks of gas - no.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I love to hunt and I sure love Rios but I just couldnt do plain right now I'd drive it in heartbeat though. If I was gonna go had my mind made up I'd go ahead because this mess ain't getting better before worse.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

ask your daughter. not us clowns.
I speak from experience on hauling away when it was going to be horrible conditions.
She was 10 and begged me to stay home. I still wish i had listened.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No way a Turkey is worth getting sick over and getting anyone else sick over. My wife says the CDC is learning everyday something new about this virus. Dont take any chances.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Dont take any chances.

Man didn't get to where we are by not taking chances,,,,

whether it's worth it for a boondoggle is another thing,,,,but no time like the present to strike,,,, If things keep shutting down I'll have time on my hands and WILL travel west chasing birds

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I wouldn’t fly....but if I could drive somewhere and hunt without a bunch of people......sure go for it! I would love to quarantine in the great outdoors for a couple weeks! Especially just to not have to the words Corona virus!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn’t fly....but if I could drive somewhere and hunt without a bunch of people......sure go for it! I would love to quarantine in the great outdoors for a couple weeks! Especially just to not have to the words Corona virus!!
exactly. worked like a charm sat and Sunday this past weekend. dang shame to have to return to the real world.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you breakdown you might be on your own. Towing companies are not operating 24 7 now.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Now is when I would fly....half empty flights and cheap tickets.
And when you get there but due to cut backs your gear and gun does not show up along with the airlines being shut down......

I see your point but but you all still will be breathing the same air in a confined space.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
And when you get there but due to cut backs your gear and gun does not show up along with the airlines being shut down......

I see your point but but you all still will be breathing the same air in a confined space.

Understand your point, but besides airlines shutting down, you have the chance of luggage and gear not getting there every flight. People fly sick all the time. My thinking is the less people, the less chance my stuff is left and less people around.

hoyt85

Six Pointer
If its turkey season........I'm going if at all possible, Hunted Mississippi this past weekend and plan to see the sunrise in Florida Friday morning, As long as they keep gas stations open, allow travel across state lines and the state's DNR offices don't do anything drastic I'm hunting, It's kind of like driving in the snow. I'm not worried about me, it's all the other idiots on the road that can't drive, There are a lot of people making decisions that could drastically ruin my spring in a matter or seconds. Fingers crossed they don't but i know this is going to get worse before it gets better,

I understand the concern about flying, airports are dirty on a clean day, I just live for these 3 months and try to chase spring as long as I can, As long as the ball is in my court and I'm the one making the final decision on whether to go or not to go......I"m going, But that's just me.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Buy you some string.. going to need to tie your pants to your shirt collar, ass will dragging if you don't. Have fun, YOLO..