topsail

stanley

Four Pointer
Christmas week is this a good time to fish on the surf or sound never fished there in December. Just asking did'nt know if it would be a waste of time. Thanks Any info would be helpful.

jgav

Four Pointer
Likely still good. I was there over thanksgiving and got some trout out of the surf. I'd hit the north and south side of the jolly Roger Pier. You probably wont be the only one. Heavy mirolures. East Coast Sports in surf city will point you in the right direction.

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Sure the storm in Nov has altered the beach some, when I was there in late Oct I found a nice cut between Drum St and the handicapped access ramp. It may have moved or be gone. As said, Mirro lures. If your there I’d give it a try, never hurt throw some bait too, may be some other critters out there. We’ve caught sea mullet, reds, etc at New Years up at OBX.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Big mullet probably still around in the surf, not cold enough yet to push them out....get some fresh shrimp & bottom rig and hit some spots....the Crab Pot down street from East Coast Sports probably still have shrimp. I have caught some big mullet in December just have to find the tide right when they biting....check with East Coast Sports they might can put them on them.

jgav

Four Pointer
They were smashing the sea mullet down at wrightsville yesterday. I'd soak bait with one rod in a rod holder and cast mirrolures with another. good luck.

witler

Eight Pointer
They were smashing the sea mullet down at wrightsville yesterday. I'd soak bait with one rod in a rod holder and cast mirrolures with another. good luck.

What area of Wrightsville, near pier, north or south end?