Top 150 college football teams

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
No "homer" schools on the list

are you crazy?
every one of those schools has real homer fan bases.
and i mean shoot your ass over football homer fans. :)
I am sure you were attacking unc and state homers that post here but that aint what you said.

Reactions: CRC

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Who had to go to bigger and better pastures to win a national championship.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Who had to go to bigger and better pastures to win a national championship.
Your are correct but I have not doubt if he stayed he could of done the same thing. Remember he had UNC 4th at the end of one year. People can say what they want to but the man can coach. If someone thinks he isnt a great coach then I have some swampland in Arizona to sell them.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Your are correct but I have not doubt if he stayed he could of done the same thing. Remember he had UNC 4th at the end of one year. People can say what they want to but the man can coach. If someone thinks he isnt a great coach then I have some swampland in Arizona to sell them.
Oh so you own some land in the tres Rios area. Cool.

Listen no one is denying that Mack Brown isn’t a good coach...but he left.

If I was a coach and I thought I could win a natty at the school I’m at I wouldn’t leave.

He’s back now and I’m guessing anything less than a national championship needs to be considered a failure?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
He left because Texas was a lot more money. A better football school yes but the money that Texas was willing to pay is what got him there. Mack loved unc and the area. It was very hard for him to leave.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
He left because Texas was a lot more money. A better football school yes but the money that Texas was willing to pay is what got him there. Mack loved unc and the area. It was very hard for him to leave.
Money did have lot to do with it but he's smart guy and he knew Texas was way easier to recruit lot prolific players want to stay in state and Texas is loaded with talent. I believe this will be good end to his career coaching NC I thought was good move if he has some decent years no championships expected just respectable seasons and to he competitive

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Money did have lot to do with it but he's smart guy and he knew Texas was way easier to recruit lot prolific players want to stay in state and Texas is loaded with talent. I believe this will be good end to his career coaching NC I thought was good move if he has some decent years no championships expected just respectable seasons and to he competitive
I agree with all of this but will add Mack thought he could win it all at UNC too. . yes it would be easier at Texas as of course as better talent will go there . I will add this too, when he left I know of no person at UNC and big time donors who were mad at him and felt betrayed. He really liked coaching and living here so it was easy for him to come back.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Only one team on that list went 15-0, in fact only one team in the history of everdom has done it! GO TIGERS
Thats because the just started have the opportunity to be 15-0.. in 10 years there will be several with that record, so enjoy the stat while it last.

Troutbum82

Eight Pointer
Thats because the just started have the opportunity to be 15-0.. in 10 years there will be several with that record, so enjoy the stat while it last.
Yea thats obvious and it was a joke but that stat will last for a little while longer as now the quest is 30-0

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yea thats obvious and it was a joke but that stat will last for a little while longer as now the quest is 30-0
The creep is undeniable.. my guess is that 16 - 0 will be available to two teams in the next few years, not sure it ever gets beyond that.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
There isn't enough talent in NC to win a national championship.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If you have right coach talent can be lured out of Texas Florida Calif problem is those coaches aren't likely to make career coaching football in NC schools now basketball that is where its at in tarheel state

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
No one said all the talent had to come from nc......
Only a handful of teams can depend on drawing great players from other states. Teams like Alabama and Notre Dame. UNC is and never was one of those teams where thousands of grade school kids dream of playing once they graduate high school. UNC is not a destination university for great players (4 and 5 star) from other states and it is competing with a large number of in-state schools for a in-state talent pool that isn't as deep as some other states.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Only a handful of teams can depend on drawing great players from other states. Teams like Alabama and Notre Dame. UNC is and never was one of those teams where thousands of grade school kids dream of playing once they graduate high school. UNC is not a destination university for great players (4 and 5 star) from other states and it is competing with a large number of in-state schools for a in-state talent pool that isn't as deep as some other states.
you tellem homebrewale, i been trying for years. :p

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Having half the population of Florida and 1/3 the population of Texas, I don’t see how the same talent numbers would be possible.

Using all the NC schools, there is definitely enough to make a National Champ team.

It will be similar to Clemson now if it ever happened. The winning team would be up there and the other in state programs would be in the dumpster.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Having half the population of Florida and 1/3 the population of Texas, I don’t see how the same talent numbers would be possible.

Using all the NC schools, there is definitely enough to make a National Champ team.

It will be similar to Clemson now if it ever happened. The winning team would be up there and the other in state programs would be in the dumpster.
Other team. The only real competitor for Clemson for in-state talent is South Carolina. UNC has NC State, Wake Forest and Duke from a power conference. Other NC FBS schools that compete for this talent East Carolina, Charlotte and App St.