Took the pups out

DRS

Old Mossy Horns

Ran the pups with the broke dogs. The pups are 9 months old tomorrow (2/26). Their names are Duke and Prince. They went to the the breaking been for a week and this was their 3rd time out. They are sticking with the pack and crossing the big ditches. The video is them not wanting to cross a ditch, water is about 6' wide and over a couple feet deep. They have been crossing them running until they get behind. They are in training to learn to cross the ditch. ;)

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, the Northern Dismal. Trying to get them to crossing the ditches so I won't have to when all the bushes are green and the snakes are crawling.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes, the Northern Dismal. Trying to get them to crossing the ditches so I won't have to when all the bushes are green and the snakes are crawling.
And the sad thing is that wasn't long ago and won't be long to they will be again again. A buddy had a dog bitten that coldest night we had in Dec.

• Sad
Reactions: DRS

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
I need to get my two pups out. I have two off Parker's JP and Buckshot's hardrock gyp that are going good in the pen on foxes just got to get them on a split toe. I have never been in a club that had canals. My dogs don't mind em I just don't care to deal with them. They say its a heckuva place to run though. The clubs I have been in around home don't have them and my Va club don't have them.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I need to get my two pups out. I have two off Parker's JP and Buckshot's hardrock gyp that are going good in the pen on foxes just got to get them on a split toe. I have never been in a club that had canals. My dogs don't mind em I just don't care to deal with them. They say its a heckuva place to run though. The clubs I have been in around home don't have them and my Va club don't have them.
Used to deal with them when I was farther east but don't now. Had some bad swamps in a club I was in on the NC/SC line and do to a much lesser extent now. But they are manageable except during excess rain.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
It is really amazing to me that our hounds will actually cast out of the truck, go down the bank swim the larger ditches and then go up a steep bank into some really thick mess. Once we get a lead dog going most will follow. Some still hate to get wet, but they go. The first litter I broke there last year take to the water fine, like water rats. On another note going into the that stuff retrieving a deer can be tough.