Tomahawks...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
awesome cuts of meat,,, had my first a few weeks ago and LOVED it,,, maybe try for another next weekend,,,,

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Ya don’t say:eek:🤯😆

You wouldn’t believe the number of people that don’t. Shame they don’t vacuum seal well or else I would have them on hand but I settle for the bone meat length. If there’s a special request I can do them and they’ll bag them.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Ummmm.... if I want to buy a cowboy steak it is a bone in Rib eye. Just like a Kansas city steak is a bone in NY strip.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Went to pick up a tommy for tomorrow, but I wasn’t impressed. They were CAB, but they just didn’t have the marble.

I settled for a 2” thick prime bone in 😆

specialk

Twelve Pointer
i buy most of my meat from sam's club down here.....always good quality and reasonably priced.....always take advantage of local sore sales though....

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Someone thought that tomorrow being fathers day it was a good time to try these, so currently there are 2 sitting in the fridge, will also reverse sear them
i refuse to tell the wife how much i spent though lol

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
It's amazing what folks will pay for something that's a fad that they just have to have!

<>< Fish

Marketing is a wonderful tool. Delmomico Steak sounds fancy… and everyone has a different opinion about where the cut comes from but generally in agreement that it’s a thick steak.

I tell them a Delmonico Steak can only be had at Delmonico’s but generally it’s a ribeye 😏

timber

Twelve Pointer
Guess I’m to country. Not getting the steak with the bone and no meat on the end of it. I had rather have my ribeye cover the whole plate with no bone at all. Pork chops and chicken I prefer bone in. To improves the flavor

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What’s up with all of the hate? Generally a tomahawk steak is going to be cut much thicker than others. Not a ton of butchers out there are cutting to your request on the spot. If you want a 3-4” thick ribeye, you are limited to the tomahawk. Also.....most of the time the prime tomahawks are selling for a few dollars less per pound than a boneless ribeye. You do and don’t pay for the bone...