Today

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I was going to head across the river to the cypress swamps. Wind on the water said other wise. Little boat big water.
got up. Gassed up. Crappie rods and trot line in the boat. Gun and a box of shells.
unloaded the boat off the trailer. Wind stated picking up. Took a look at weather underground. Yea well. 13mph by lunch. No go for muah

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Another permit hunt on the coast today, lots of birds early, still hearing some shots. Had lots of teal buzzing right over my decoys about 4 minutes before shooting light. Have one woodie hen down, gonna give it another hour. Had a few groups that I could’ve maybe shot at towards the end of shotgun range but I’d rather just get them to work or at least give me a closer shot. Seen quite a few ringnecks and tons of swans.

TH80

Eight Pointer
Slow in the swamp for us. First skunk this year due to a couple bad shots. Saw just a few woodies and only heard one group a ways down the swamp that sounded like they had a little luck. Talked to another guy we know at the store that said they got skunked too. One thing about it ducks or no ducks the store always has biscuits. It was a hard decision on if I wanted grits with the biscuit. I chose no grits. Hope everyone else had better luck

Meech

Button Buck
Skunked in the swamp today as well. Wasn’t paying attention and had some woodies drop in. The store did indeed have a biscuit that was very tasty.

Adam1371

Button Buck
Dang you boys put a hurting on em! I had a permit hunt at the burmle impoundment this morning in Caswell and got 1 drake woodie. Got there a little too late like idiots and was about 30 yards away from being in the sweet spot. Absolutely zero action after the sun came up and the big group of woodies got out of there. A133372C-F87A-416F-96ED-F90FC7ECF45A.jpeg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Sunday was a slow day - a mottled duck and a spoonie from the blind

43EBC12E-828E-466A-96FB-22F30EA5BB25.jpeg

On the way out saw a wounded spoonie - it went up against shore and diving etc

Got close and put Earl to it - 5 minutes later he tracked it down and we had three

Earl enjoying the ride

23EABAFF-DF28-4D8B-B9D8-34DA0BD2F8A9.jpeg

Last edited:

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Missed a few woodies and had some geese flare at the last minute opening day. Hunted the 9th and had one hovering over the decoys 3 minutes before legal light and then..................................nothing. Going tomorrow, 16th, hopefully a little better results.