@tk26

tk26

Six Pointer
Thanks for all the congratulations guys. I still can’t believe how that hunt worked out. I got lucky for sure.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
It looks big in the photo, and I'm sure it was was even bigger in person. Great hunt and congratulations on a awesome buck. Now you can be in cruise mode for the rest of the year !

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ignorant question. Are 200lb deer in NC considered that rare?

Yes... and to make matters worse most hunters/fisherman in NC do not have access to a set of scales. That means every buck is 200lbs, every crappie is 2lbs, and every largemouth is 6.

The OP's is legit no doubt about it though. Once you see an actual 200lb whitetail your realize the difference when your buddy shows you a picture of a 165lb deer and says "that one will go 200".

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I just figured if I could do it in my mediocre hunting prowess that maybe more were too? Please forgive my ignorance (I’m saying that a lot on here it seems). I really have hunted alone and taught myself so I’m a 20yr veteran noob. Sorry to hijack.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
you could ask one of our long timers here that question.
He decided they were unicorns and offered some type of incentive to anyone who could show proof of one.
By dark the day he posted he had several confirmed posts. :)
At least that's the way I remember it.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
I just figured if I could do it in my mediocre hunting prowess that maybe more were too? Please forgive my ignorance (I’m saying that a lot on here it seems). I really have hunted alone and taught myself so I’m a 20yr veteran noob. Sorry to hijack.
I've killed 2 in 40 years of deer hunting in nc that i thought hit the 200# mark. Neither one made 200# on the scales. In my neck of the woods, they are hard to come by.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I've killed one. 210#. Buck had an 18&1/2 inside spread. We weighed it at the taxidermist shop. That deer was big and long.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Yeah I killed several that I thought would go 200 or more until I weighed them. Closest they got was 178. Then actually shot one 214 and knew how big that is. When a deer is big enough that you say man,I got to weigh this thing you get an idea how big they look

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Yes. Several are killed every year, but they’re hard to come by. I’ve killed a few deer, and I don’t have one. I’ve gotten close a couple times, and have several over 170, but 200 escapes me so far.

A618014B-97E1-43D9-8809-6C1FDFDB222D.jpeg
193 lbs
9611661B-C921-4055-B214-4FA2C98897DE.jpeg