Tips?

91Bhunter

Button Buck
Buddy gave me permission to hunt his land mid deer season. Hes had a stand up in the back left corner he use to hunt.
We’ve got several deer on camera but they seem kinda sporadic when they come and go. On the bottom right of the land we found some bedding.

curious how others would approach it as the stands on the edge of the woods. The path leading to the stand in the woods has little to no vegetation but the field has (excuse my ignorance)hay type of grass. He gave me his deer feeder and thought about putting it out in the woods as we’ve seen tracks. A stream is right behind the stand.
This is my first year / time ever hunting. So I’m always welcome to advice and knowledge from those with experience.

Attachments

• 24CBE010-9DDB-41D4-A8D7-D9E8831D4B99.png
    24CBE010-9DDB-41D4-A8D7-D9E8831D4B99.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 43

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
So stand is where the pin is at?

Your walking by all the deer?

Is that woods behind the house?
Is that woods around that pond?

Hunt close man. No need to walk way back to that stand.
Feed a few trees in behind that house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91Bhunter

Button Buck
So stand is where the pin is at?

Your walking by all the deer?

Is that woods behind the house?
Is that woods around that pond?

Hunt close man. No need to walk way back to that stand.
Feed a few trees in behind that house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when I hunt in the stand (back left of the property) i never see the deer, but once I am out of the stand ill usually sit by his house and see 3-4 does at a time.
Its a field with a small tree line right by a river.
Thats what thinking since every time i saw deer was when I was sitting by the pond at the bottom right of the picture. Ill be getting some better pics this weekend of the lay out to show what I have to work with.