Timney trigger installation

hayco10

Eight Pointer
Anybody install a Timney trigger in a Ruger m77 bolt rifle? Got one on order and according to comment found, some modification is required for it to fit and engage safety.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've done several, Depending on what stock is on the rifle it can take a bit of dremmel work. There's one small bit of metal to take off and you'll need a small dremmel rasp to do it or a small sharp file with a flat cutting side.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Done several on different guns.
Let me know if you need help or want me to do it.
One of mine on a M77 needed a little wood sanded.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
They make a few different ones.
Make sure you got the correct one. One is tang safety and the other bolt safety.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The tang safeties had adjustable triggers in them already.
You can actually do a bit of honing on the others and get some of the creep out, and change or cut the spring for a bit less poundage, but those adjustments should be left to a smith IMHO. Anytime you do much more than polish the contact points you are taking a risk if you don't know what you're doing.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
You can actually do a bit of honing on the others and get some of the creep out, and change or cut the spring for a bit less poundage, but those adjustments should be left to a smith IMHO. Anytime you do much more than polish the contact points you are taking a risk if you don't know what you're doing.
Wolff springs made at one time a spring set. Fast and easy to play with.
Dont go the cheap youtube way and use a different non gun spring. Would not trust it.