Timber doodle Double!!!

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Wife and I decided to do a quick dove hunt this afternoon. Weather was cold and super windy. Didn’t see any flying but it was nice to be outdoors. Walking back to the truck I heard a woodcock mating call. 5 min of LST left and I decided to go for it. Killed one flying in as I approached the one calling. Stood still for a second and he kept calling. Worked towards him close enough to flush and shot him when he came up. Turned around to holler to my wife and saw another and missed that one. Then we played the “I coulda swore I saw it go down right here” game for awhile and recovered both birds. Definitely an unexpected blessing on a cold windy day!
353E4E7C-9171-4F9F-B611-7450BAA1FD47.jpeg3C5A6691-A890-401D-86D1-D739C26089E6.jpeg1161BDBC-E900-4A01-8A8D-97F0002BEB54.jpeg

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Good job! My dog is back to about 40% on her leg and getting better every day.

This year is gone, but we gonna mash em next season.

it seems to be her favorite hunting judging by how she works the woods and stays engaged.

grousing makes her bored and tired (like me)

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Good job! My dog is back to about 40% on her leg and getting better every day.

This year is gone, but we gonna mash em next season.

it seems to be her favorite hunting judging by how she works the woods and stays engaged.

grousing makes her bored and tired (like me)
Thx brother. Glad she’s on the mend. Ima get out another time or two this season for them. I’ve got another spot I’ve heard them in, but haven’t been back to yet.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Cool Story and GREAT results!! Congrats to both of you on a cold windy day!
Thanks man. All together we ended up seeing six , and I killed 2 of the 3 i shot at. It turned into a quick cold fruitless hunt into an awesome night. Not used to having game come towards me after shooting lol