Tiger Trout

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
James and I went out and he broke 3-4 Leaders before I realized the trout were too big and he wasn’t used to fighting really. Swapped him to 8lbs. and landed 3 before perch moved in. He caught about a dozen. One was a monster that dwarfed these trout. Didn’t know perch could grow that big. Caught a few bass too. These Tigers have nasty teeth for trout.

Attachments

• 1515BF07-0979-4440-92D7-1A5B9C6629FE.jpeg
    1515BF07-0979-4440-92D7-1A5B9C6629FE.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 5ED0CEDC-DE0B-4C04-8EB7-7F4589AC822C.jpeg
    5ED0CEDC-DE0B-4C04-8EB7-7F4589AC822C.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 98

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Saw some brutish trout but they turned off for some reason. Storm coming maybe or brim fry maybe. They were breaking the surface everywhere when we got there. James was going to hook into a 3-4’ yellow carp until I talked him out of it. The Property Owner was visiting and agreed he’s seen more reels spooled by them than anything. If he’s really set on landing one I’ll rig for them. Caught my fair share on the Erie Canal and they put on a heck of an aerial show when the get over 40”. Think the biggest I’ve landed would push the 48”-50” mark. That was 15 years ago now. Digital was just getting started and don’t have many pics from then.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Two big Golden Rainbow/Palominos refused to bite. Still batting 0 on those but would like to catch one. That’s all the trout in the rivers in PA I think I’ll have caught since April.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
This is a private lake and seems to have quite a few. I haven’t seen any in the big rivers around me and even the hard fishing Retiree next door has a smallish one mounted. He hasn’t mounted any in decades though so hard to say. I know they held off on stocking the Brookies for gill lice though the must have stocked some because I caught and released over 30 one evening. I do see a few Goldens but I Cover a lot of ground to find them. Where this recent crop came from he opens the gates every fall and any of the 400+ he’s had stocked he let’s make the fall spawn. He’s not a Fisherman. He just enjoys watching the Kids get excited. He does kind of insist I take them so these two trips kind of topped off the freezers. Need to get a smoker setup and get going.

Reactions: CRC