Tickets available! 10 guns and Oysters! Terra Ceia Christian School Annual Oyster Roast & 10-gun Raffle

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you all so much for your input on this year's list. It is so good to get a variety of perspectives. That being said, we couldn't get ALL of them but I hope you will be impressed with the overall list!

Our annual Oyster Roast & Ten-Gun Raffle will be held on JANUARY 18th.

Cutting to the chase, here is our 10-gun list:

Rifles
  • Barrett Firearms Fieldcraft SS 308 21"
  • Bergara HMR 22-250 24"
  • Henry Big Boy Silver Deluxe Engraved 44 Mag/44SPCL
  • Savage Arms MSR 15 Recon LRP 224 Valkyrie 18" Magpul
  • Browning X-bolt Medallion 6.5 Creedmoor

Shotguns
  • Franchi Instinct AA Walnut 12GA 28"
  • Tristar Sporting Arms Compact Tactical Bullpup 12 ga
  • Beretta A400 Extreme Plus Max-5 12GA 28"
  • Browning Citori Lightning 20GA 26"
  • Retay Masai Mara Bottomland 12GA 28"

Raffle tickets (which includes the meal) are $100 are available through me (and others associated with the school) but you can also order online at www.tccschool.com. I believe you can also call the school at 252-943-2485 and they will hold the tickets for you will-call the night of the event.

There are 400 raffle tickets and only 50 meal (meal-only) tickets. (One ticket could win all guns - a winning ticket goes back in the barrel).

There are maybe a dozen side-raffles (20 tix for $20) that you can enter. Will include at least two rifles (not sure of the price, but maybe in the 250-350 dollar range such as a 10-22 or something like that. Other items, historically, include a custom-made trout rod by a local builder, and other gifts such as a Yeti cooler, gift certificate to Spoon River Restaurant in Belhaven (if you've never been there before - you really ought to!), etc.

I believe that you wil truly ENJOY the whole evening and while I am so thankful for any of you that want to be part of it - I want you to know that we'd love to have you there. It really is a neat experience. Maybe I'll post some pictures here from a past event.

The menu will include:

Appetizers:
chili
clam chowder
steamed shrimp
hoop cheese
lace cornbread

Meal:
wood fired oysters
fried shrimp/flounder/chicken fingers
stewed potatoes
slaw
hush puppies

Variety of desserts will also be available.

Entertainment provided by Chuck Williams (of Belhaven) and the Rocker Fellas.

Last edited:

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you all so much for your input on this year's list. It is so good to get a variety of perspectives. That being said, we couldn't get ALL of them but I hope you will be impressed with the overall list!

Our annual Oyster Roast & Ten-Gun Raffle will be held on JANUARY 18th.

Cutting to the chase, here is our 10-gun list:

Rifles
  • Barrett Firearms Fieldcraft SS 308 21"
  • Bergara HMR 22-250 24"
  • Henry Big Boy Silver Deluxe Engraved 44 Mag/44SPCL
  • Savage Arms MSR 15 Recon LRP 224 Valkyrie 18" Magpul
  • Browning X-bolt Medallion 6.5 Creedmoor

Shotguns
  • Franchi Instinct AA Walnut 12GA 28"
  • Tristar Sporting Arms Compact Tactical Bullpup 12 ga
  • Beretta A400 Extreme Plus Max-5 12GA 28"
  • Browning Citori Lightning 20GA 26"
  • Retay Masai Mara Bottomland 12GA 28"

Raffle tickets (which includes the meal) are $100 are available through me (and others associated with the school) but you can also order online at www.tccschool.com. I believe you can also call the school at 252-943-2485 and they will hold the tickets for you will-call the night of the event.

There are 400 raffle tickets and only 50 meal (meal-only) tickets. (One ticket could win all guns - a winning ticket goes back in the barrel).

There are maybe a dozen side-raffles (20 tix for $20) that you can enter. Will include at least two rifles (not sure of the price, but maybe in the 250-350 dollar range such as a 10-22 or something like that. Other items, historically, include a custom-made trout rod by a local builder, and other gifts such as a Yeti cooler, gift certificate to Spoon River Restaurant in Belhaven (if you've never been there before - you really ought to!), etc.

I believe that you wil truly ENJOY the whole evening and while I am so thankful for any of you that want to be part of it - I want you to know that we'd love to have you there. It really is a neat experience. Maybe I'll post some pictures here from a past event.

The menu will include:

Appetizers:
chili
clam chowder
steamed shrimp
hoop cheese
lace cornbread

Meal:
wood fired oysters
fried shrimp/flounder/chicken fingers
stewed potatoes
slaw
hush puppies

Variety of desserts will also be available.

Entertainment provided by Chuck Williams (of Belhaven) and the Rocker Fellas.
I have ordered tickets, should I receive an email to confirm purchase. ?Hopefully I did it correctly

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I have ordered tickets, should I receive an email to confirm purchase. ?Hopefully I did it correctly
Woods and water, I texted our school secretary and she responded right away saying she manually sends out confirmation emails. (Unfortunately), that will be Monday bc of Thanksgiving.

PM me if you'd like me to check on your purchase on Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

hawkman

Eight Pointer
This is the only thing I dont understand, why do you put a winner back in the pot?
Good question. I believe it just makes it more worthwhile to buy a $100 ticket. Doesn't really change the odds much.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Woods and water, I texted our school secretary and she responded right away saying she manually sends out confirmation emails. (Unfortunately), that will be Monday bc of Thanksgiving.

PM me if you'd like me to check on your purchase on Monday.

Thank you

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I believe there's been one change. Our supplier could not get the Lightning model and got the Citori CSX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I went and had a great time.... food was great.... I've never seen so many oysters they just kept bringing them out to the table.

newlake

Four Pointer
Thanks for coming and supporting our school. I'm glad you had a great time and got your fill of oysters.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
hate I missed it (yet again) and since no call, guess I didn't win a gun!!

next year, better buy an extra bushel - I am there if I am alive

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Everyone who won was there except one I believe and one of his friends called him to pick the gun.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
hate I missed it (yet again) and since no call, guess I didn't win a gun!!

next year, better buy an extra bushel - I am there if I am alive
Hey, woodmoose. Yes, I believe everyone who want a gun was present to win although there may have been one guy who's friend picked the gun out for him. I did not know most of the winners. And no, I did not win a gun, either! :(

It was, however, another typically cool event. They did not run out of oysters and I started to see people sitting in the bleachers waiting for the drawings to begin which indicated to me that people were stuffed!

I will post a new thread thanking you all for the support.

Meanwhile, thank you all very much.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Everyone who won was there except one I believe and one of his friends called him to pick the gun.
Hi moose,

I didn't know you were there. I would have liked to have met you. That was me on stage, serving as a witness for the raffle.