Thumper for striped bass

timber

Twelve Pointer
Watched a clip of a local guide fishing Kerr lake They had caught a few but got slow so they turned on something that sounded like somebody beating the hell out of the bottom of the boat with a rubber hammer. Seemed to work the bite picked up. Never heard of that before. Have caught a bunch of stripers over the years but mostly in the river. Never been a lake fisherman other than tail race behind the dam

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
We seem to catch more fish on Murray when the music is blaring. Nothing scientific mind you, but it seems that's the case.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Watched a clip of a local guide fishing Kerr lake They had caught a few but got slow so they turned on something that sounded like somebody beating the hell out of the bottom of the boat with a rubber hammer. Seemed to work the bite picked up. Never heard of that before. Have caught a bunch of stripers over the years but mostly in the river. Never been a lake fisherman other than tail race behind the dam
Yep… the guide we fish w in GA uses one

Suppose to attract fish and help imitate schooling fish

How?? Who knows

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve seen lots of folks using them, but never seen or known the true day to day killers in the game using them.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
BS folklore..... Stripers rarely sit still, schools move away and will come back if you sit there long enough, or you can move with them. Lazy guides sit there and HOPE they come back, GOOD guides watch which way they move and will move to intercept them. Difference between a GOOD guide and somebody that just wants your money.... Watch a good guide and he/she rarely takes their eyes off the sonar except to net a fish.

I discovered something on Normal several years ago, I usually cruise the points to find fish, get upwind, cut the engine and float back over them. Always caught a few but one morning I discovered that if I left the engine idling while I drifted back I caught more that with it silent. Go figure..