Three years of trail cam photos from Alligator River NWR in 15 minutes

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Really cool video. I hunted in Dare Bombing Range a couple years ago and it was a really neat areas to be in. Tons of wildlife!

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So how many of those are coyotes how many are wolves and how many are hybrids? I also found it odd that the ratio of Cubs to fawns is probably 10 to 1 maybe higher. Very few does have fawns with them. I wonder why that is. Most does I see have one or two fawns with them.

JoeR

Eight Pointer
What a great compilation!! You're lucky the bear didn't rip that cam off the tree and eat it. They do that pretty often. Glad it survived.
Red Wolves are extinct, so I'm pretty sure that's not what you seeing. Cool canines anyway!

Joe

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure if they were omitted on purpose but there are several things I noticed in this series of pics. One as already pointed out no fawns. The other is no large groups of deer. Mostly single deer so it could feasibly be the same deer over and over. And lastly way too many predators. Most of us aren't predator hunters but deer hunters and despite a few decent deer pics if I was scouting that land to hunt for deer as a lease I would have major reservations about spending the money there.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
What a great compilation!! You're lucky the bear didn't rip that cam off the tree and eat it. They do that pretty often. Glad it survived.
Red Wolves are extinct, so I'm pretty sure that's not what you seeing. Cool canines anyway!

Joe
I’m not being a smart ass when I ask this...why does the regulations digest say that you have to be able to distinguish red wolves from coyotes when coyote hunting/trapping? That was last years digest. Have they extinct since then?

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I’m not being a smart ass when I ask this...why does the regulations digest say that you have to be able to distinguish red wolves from coyotes when coyote hunting/trapping? That was last years digest. Have they extinct since then?

Fair question. Red wolves were declared extinct in the 80s or so. Since then they've reintroduced a canine selectively bred to look like one, but it doesn't act like one(it readily breeds with coyotes), and are claiming it to be a Red Wold, but it isn't.
Joe