Thoughts on the Savage mk II fv sr 22LR

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Anyone have one or shot one? Thinking about getting one for a host for a suppressor. For the price range it appears to fit my needs. Thanks!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure you will like that stock.
Look at a CZ.
I really like mine.
As close to a winchester 52 as can be for quality.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I have a Mk ll SVSR and for the price they are really tough to beat. There's plenty of aftermarket support, the trigger is easily tuned and they function fine. They are capable of shooting better than the average shooter can shoot them.

<>< Fish

02NMXW7.jpg

wMdSj5F.jpg

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I have a CZ that is a beautiful and accurate rifle. I was wanting the Savage to hunt with and a truck gun that I'm not afraid to get scratches on.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
The stocks are a little flimsy but the guns are accurate and solid.
I picked this one up as you see it from forum member natebonebusta about 8 years ago. I mostly use it to plink and for squirrels.
I also have a pre accu-trigger taper barrel model with Iron sights that i've had for a long time and has neve had issues.
Snapchat-564743327.jpg

20200314_123117.jpg

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I have two CZ’s (457 scout and 457 varmint). I just bought the savage a month ago. I sighted it in with Aguila subsonics. It’s a good gun. Yes I’d give the Nod to the CZ’s but for the price, the savage is money well spent.

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
The stocks are a little flimsy but the guns are accurate and solid.
I picked this one up as you see it from forum member natebonebusta about 8 years ago. I mostly use it to plink and for squirrels.
I also have a pre accu-trigger taper barrel model with Iron sights that i've had for a long time and has neve had issues.
View attachment 71110

View attachment 71109

Folks on YouTube still ask about how the paint job on that rifle is holding up. Still looks pretty good to me! Glad it’s still in your stable.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Well I picked up one today. It feels pretty good in the hands. I will adjust the trigger and mount a scope tomorrow. Hopefully get out and shoot it if I can. I will keep y'all posted of the accuracy. Ammo selection is not so good around my area.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Well I picked up one today. It feels pretty good in the hands. I will adjust the trigger and mount a scope tomorrow. Hopefully get out and shoot it if I can. I will keep y'all posted of the accuracy. Ammo selection is not so good around my area.
Fill the stock gridding up with epoxy, it will stiffen it up. You made a good purchase

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Mine loves CCI Standard Velocity ammo. I have won a couple of 100 yard paper egg shoots and more than a couple of free lunches with mine. I do recall have to run well over a brick of ammo through the rifle before it really settled down and shot great. I may put it in an aluminum chassis one day and had planned to do that this year until a CZ 457 Pro Varmint came my way.

<>< Fish

Cootmeurer

Eight Pointer
Another positive vote. CCI standard velocity through the can, tackdriver. Had it scoped but switched to a red dot so I could start training on running game

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I got the thing scoped with a Vortex crossfire I I 2-7x32mm. I shot it just enough to get the scope set. Sighted in at 50 yards using Remington golden bullet. I will check accuracy with different ammo later. The 2-7 is not the best for trying to get tiny groups but I want a light weight truck rifle. I believe a better shooter and better ammo could tighten up the accuracy.

Attachments

• IMG_20211216_163342959_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211216_163342959_HDR.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20211216_163243320_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211216_163243320_HDR.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 17

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Fill the stock gridding up with epoxy, it will stiffen it up. You made a good purchase

I traded my FIL another .22 for a savage mark ii several years back. Towards the forearm the barrel seems to be going one way and the stock another, I can take my hand and move the forearm back on forth which tears my nerves up. All screws are tight, will the epoxy help this situation?

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Yea. Just put spacers on each side of the barrel when you put the barreled action back in the stock when the epoxy is wet. It should cure and stay in place.