This one is for you Rick a.k.a. Ridgerunner

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
She was not worth skinning but that would not have made a difference to Rick. Since the coyote invasion in NC, one of lifes little pleasures for Rick was knowing that another coyote had reached the end of the line. And it was especially so on land that Rick turkey or deer hunted. I miss his phone calls to talk about how I was doing when I had traps on or even close to property he hunted. He did enjoy hearing about my coyote catches. This one was on a lease he hunted.

Picked up a couple of beaver from a pond on the same property this morning. He would have enjoyed that too. Did not take their pic until I got them home and gave them a bath.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
She was not worth skinning but that would not have made a difference to Rick. Since the coyote invasion in NC, one of lifes little pleasures for Rick was knowing that another coyote had reached the end of the line. And it was especially so on land that Rick turkey or deer hunted. I miss his phone calls to talk about how I was doing when I had traps on or even close to property he hunted. He did enjoy hearing about my coyote catches. This one was on a lease he hunted.
View attachment 25569

Picked up a couple of beaver from a pond on the same property this morning. He would have enjoyed that too. Did not take their pic until I got them home and gave them a bath.
View attachment 25570
Nice catches Harold. Although I don’t know about rick, I appreciate your sentiment and am sorry for your loss

odie408

Ten Pointer
Over a hundred miles away but I am happy you are getting them and enjoy the stories. Get em Mr Harold.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I missed a yote one day when I was hunting with Rick and he gave me hell about it. Month latter he does same thing one of the few times I saw him speechless :) one day he had a guy hunting with him in his tower when a yote stepped out the guy wouldn't believe Rick it was a yote and he wouldn't shoot. Dude never got another invite to hunt with us..... Rick hated them things.... I miss hunting with my buddy... thanks for the good memories Harold. Some how I think heaven is opening morning of turkey season every day and Rick is working a gobbler maybe the infamous huey.