This Meme says it all........... Truth.

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
I know I might get some slack but I love 6.5, it has earned its keep in the safe and has dropped some big deer for me. I still love my .308 and 30-06. My favorite gun is my 1974 Remington model 700 ADL in 7mm-08.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I know I might get some slack but I love 6.5, it has earned its keep in the safe and has dropped some big deer for me. I still love my .308 and 30-06. My favorite gun is my 1974 Remington model 700 ADL in 7mm-08.
Remington didn't chamber a 7mm-08 until 1980. Unless your 700 had a new barrel installed, that 1974 date is too old.

Jim

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I am 55, have short, graying hair and no man bun. Of the calibers included in this meme, the 6.5 CM would be my first choice every day of the week for typical North American ‘big’ game. Pretty sure I am not alone.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
I am 55, have short, graying hair and no man bun. Of the calibers included in this meme, the 6.5 CM would be my first choice every day of the week for typical North American ‘big’ game. Pretty sure I am not alone.
Agreed. I don't have one but I will. I'd be happy with many of the 6.5mm. But more rifles and plenty of factory ammo is available in 6.5 creedmoor. It checks a lot of boxes. It's efficient, mild recoil, and usually pretty accurate. It doesn't do anything drastically better than others. Except evoke love/hate.