The story of my deer

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'd been on the road so I missed all of muzzleloader season and yesterday afternoon was the first time this season to deer hunt. I've had some game cameras out and have caught the one I got as well a few other nice ones but all at night.

I was up early like a kid at Christmas nobody else at club so I went out early. The full moon I was certain was going to mess me up.

Shortly after daybreak this guy trotted into the soybean field. There was a bit of a fog this morning in the fields but I was certain this was the one I had on my camera. I shot him but lost him after shot. I hoped he dropped cause I never saw him run. I found him dead right there his antlers just barely sticking up over the beans. I was practically on top of him when I foun him.

The gun I used was a TC encore that use to be Rick's. I put a 7mm rem mag barrel on it.

It was a great morning. Some photos so you can better see the rack on this bad boy.

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Great deer!!! How wide was he?
Retirement is tuff isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dang skippy thats a nice sad daddy buck. My brother took one out yesterday with his truck. He said it was huge.
I guess the bucks were on the move.
Congrats.