The Start of something great. SEAFOOD BOIL

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
So I decided to do a boil tonight.
Getting the start and base seasonings done.
1 lb jumbo scallops
1/2 Bacon, everything is better with bacon
2 lb polish sausage
2 lb taters
1 ear yellow corn
1 ear white corn
6 lemons
1 yellow onion
1 white onion
1/2 lb sword fish
2 lb jumbo shrimp
1 lb carolina shrimp
2 lb crab legs

Got the start of roux cooking the onions, bacon, swordfish, scallops pulling out the juice to add to the pot and control the fragile part. The taters and sausage cook along with corn then I add that to a big pot with more seasonings and add the shrimp and legs.

20200918_175422.jpg20200918_175429.jpg20200918_175455.jpg20200918_175528.jpg

NC-Ratler

Four Pointer
Looks fantastic. Myb a few more ears of fresh corn on cob other than that I’m keeping to your recipe. What did u use for base seasoning?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Looks fantastic. Myb a few more ears of fresh corn on cob other than that I’m keeping to your recipe. What did u use for base seasoning?
Wife can't eat corn so I only put a few in there.
Other than that I would have had a bunch.
Old Bay, garlic powder, smoked red paprika, coarse ground Black pepper, onion powder, red pepper.

So I decided to do a boil tonight.
Getting the start and base seasonings done.
1 lb jumbo scallops
1/2 Bacon, everything is better with bacon
2 lb polish sausage
2 lb taters
1 ear yellow corn
1 ear white corn
6 lemons
1 yellow onion
1 white onion
1/2 lb sword fish
2 lb jumbo shrimp
1 lb carolina shrimp
2 lb crab legs

Got the start of roux cooking the onions, bacon, swordfish, scallops pulling out the juice to add to the pot and control the fragile part. The taters and sausage cook along with corn then I add that to a big pot with more seasonings and add the shrimp and legs.

View attachment 50610View attachment 50611View attachment 50612View attachment 50613
Can’t go wrong with a list like that looks like a recipe for deliciousness

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got 11 guys staying in a beach house over memorial weekend for a bachelor party. We're almost all married except the bachelor, so we'll probably stay at the house with a keg one afternoon and do a big boil while playing cornhole and beer pong. I can't wait!

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
going to see what I can find today for a boil. will report back once I hit the seafood market