The King...

what a pathetic ending to his legacy. he was the "king." He hasn't mattered for 40 years and now this will be his crowing achievement - and a BLM car
Yep! Sad! I lost a lot of respect. The king no more. Nothing more than a liberal media sucker. How are people so gullible and sensitive now a days. I should have been a snake oil salesman. I would be rolling in it. 46466

Last edited:

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Richard put the BLM ad on his car for free....bubba told dave moody so on nascar radio yesterday evening....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The King.

man,,,every time I see the thread header I think of,,,,,,The King,,,,,,,

s-l300.jpg

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not sure why anyone is in anyway surprised he is trying to stay on business and in the business he is in its his only hope to stay above water. If he actially took a stand he may as Well close the garage doors he would be done. Same for most any business today that require TV and sponsers

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
If he hasn't made enough money by now he should probably close the garage door. If he doesn't have enough money to live the rest of his life he was much better at racing than a business man .

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If he hasn't made enough money by now he should probably close the garage door. If he doesn't have enough money to live the rest of his life he was much better at racing than a business man .
I would guess for guy like him its more than money wanting stay relevant with the sport

RJ1

Ten Pointer
I can't knock the man I purchased a motor for my Road Runner from The Petty's Garage had them install it and do some fine tuning to it over the course of 3 weeks I was there 4 times he was at the shop every time I went talked about the motor I brought and how good my car looked, I received 5 follow up calls on how the motor was preforming 3 were from him.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
I can't knock the man I purchased a motor for my Road Runner from The Petty's Garage had them install it and do some fine tuning to it over the course of 3 weeks I was there 4 times he was at the shop every time I went talked about the motor I brought and how good my car looked, I received 5 follow up calls on how the motor was preforming 3 were from him.
You can't make a post like that without pictures of the Road Runner.:ROFLMAO:

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
They cut off the loop so how is gonna close the door?

Wv67

Ten Pointer
I thought you was talking about Earnhardt. , The man that really knows how to do business on and off the track That 3 is worth a lot more than a 43 all day any day IMO. And I haven’t watched in years , but I bet he wouldn’t of even considered folding

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I doubt more than 4 or 5 on here have watched it, but there is (imo) a very good docu out there regarding #3 vs #24. This was my heyday in Nascar, as Mark Martin was sometimes beating both of them, or losing to both of them. I bought TONS of diecast during this era. I heard #3 make one comment on live camera and I was like "did he just say that to sell more diecast/tee shirts?"?

That docu was very eye opening into how brilliant #3 was at selling merchandise as well as racing/wrecking possible winners.

I remember the first lap in Indy, #3 wanted to lead it SO BAD he partially wrecked, and forever Rick Mast will go down as the first Indy Nascar lap leader. Way to go Dale!!

LOL.

I have to say, I have since forgotten about Richard Petty. Even though his grandson drove me around VIR with NO understanding of braking, apex's, or rumble strips. Honestly, Richard's only chance to get into the news nowadays is through his driver. And I believe we are seeing just that. Spare no expense.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Not Bubba Wallace,Bet money on that.

I dunno. He hired Mike Waltrip. No apparent talent. Took a huge gamble on an untalented used up has been driver and it panned out. We never knew MW's true identity until he saved up enough from his DEI wins to start his own team(s) and cheated his way to folding. The whole time he drove for DEI, he was a poster child for sponsors (even learning how to finish almost a lap down so he was in the same frame as the race winner at the checkered flag).

IF if if, #3 had hired Bubba, BUBBA would be a different personality, or be gone. #3 wasn't going to change a single thing about who he was or how he ran things, 19 years of more crap would not have made a difference. It was his way or ceeya.

And I deplored the #3 on the track!

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
I dunno. He hired Mike Waltrip. No apparent talent. Took a huge gamble on an untalented used up has been driver and it panned out. We never knew MW's true identity until he saved up enough from his DEI wins to start his own team(s) and cheated his way to folding. The whole time he drove for DEI, he was a poster child for sponsors (even learning how to finish almost a lap down so he was in the same frame as the race winner at the checkered flag).

IF if if, #3 had hired Bubba, BUBBA would be a different personality, or be gone. #3 wasn't going to change a single thing about who he was or how he ran things, 19 years of more crap would not have made a difference. It was his way or ceeya.

And I deplored the #3 on the track!

97c90ce3ce237a71719b39afede34c0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk