The King...

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
He's digging his own grave, once he falls into it it will be too late... Richard ain't who Richard used to be....

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Well who is at that age? I imagine we will all undergo some sort of change throughout life, don't you? I am no fan of his myself, but I am curious as to what specifically you are bothered by, if I may respectfully ask.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well who is at that age? I imagine we will all undergo some sort of change throughout life, don't you? I am no fan of his myself, but I am curious as to what specifically you are bothered by, if I may respectfully ask.

There are several threads already posted on this. Its pretty clear what Petty and his org and NASCAR at an even higher level are doing and why. Its called pandering.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
As the owner of the 43 he could have stopped the whole scenario and did his own investigation. By him showing up at Dega when he hasn't been to a race since March just shows he was part of the grandstanding showboating......I'm just as upset with NASCAR.....they could have done a little investigating their selves…..even the petty employee....I mean really, how hard is it to see that every other garage has the same looped rope on the door?...….and another thing, does anybody else think it's strange that NASCAR, FBI, or bubba hasn't showed any news outlet the actual ''noose''......I bet if it was a noose made out of 1 inch hemp rope opened up in a 2ft loop it would be on every liberal tv show out there......if somebody really wanted to hurt bubba they could leave a copy of ''Racing to Win'' in his garage......

I did like bubba....heck of drummer......even bought a hat after he dumped kyle bush at Sonoma......maybe one day I might change my mind about the whole thing but until then...….on to Pocono!

ol bob

Six Pointer
Anyone besides me think its odd that out of 40 something doors it was the only one that hade a noose tided on the rope, and it just happened that bubba got that stall I call B.S. on all of them.

Starfan

Eight Pointer
Rigged for publicity and ratings in a dying sport. They were all in on it from the top of nascar all the way down to whoever found the loop. Just my opinion.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
So Richard "ain't who he used to be" because he pandered (definition: gratify or indulge). Wow, thanks for clarifying!

And if I understand correctly, he is a minority owner now, so may not be in a position to "stop the whole scenario." The majority owner maybe should be called out, but we don't even know his name.

I agree with Starfan, it was rigged for publicity in a dying sport. NASCAR has had many failed attempts at suicide in the last 20 years; perhaps this is the one time they succeed.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So Richard "ain't who he used to be" because he pandered (definition: gratify or indulge). Wow, thanks for clarifying!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not nearly as dense as you appear.

Here is an explanation of 'pandering' which Im sure you already know but for some reason are ignoring.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone besides me think its odd that out of 40 something doors it was the only one that hade a noose tided on the rope, and it just happened that bubba got that stall I call B.S. on all of them.
It wasn't the only door with a noose, err....rope handle.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Per the FBI report of all the doors with a rope it was the only one with a hangman knot.
I posted a couple of pics in the Tally thread. This is a different garage. You can tell because the side door isn't in the other pics of #43 garage.

Attachments

• QeDm9UT.jpg
    QeDm9UT.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 54

DFisher

Eight Pointer
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not nearly as dense as you appear.

Here is an explanation of 'pandering' which Im sure you already know but for some reason are ignoring.

You don't have to be a jerk and make it personal. I asked a simple question, and you can't answer, at least beyond what you think is the answer. You guys are throwing the wrong guy under the bus, I asked why, and you can't stand it because it got questioned. I was trying to give you the benefit of a doubt, but realize now that was unwarranted. Anything further, have the decency to send me a private message.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
You guys are throwing the wrong guy under the bus,.....

there's a bunch that can be thrown under the bus...you do not place your hands on any car sitting on pit road ready to take the pace lap-period.....sorry, but petty could have stopped it, he chose not to.....

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Per the FBI report of all the doors with a rope it was the only one with a hangman knot.

I would bet, at best it was a slip knot, but more likely was tied in a loop knot so it wouldn't slip. I have not seen it personally, so that would be total speculation on my part. I have seen MANY tied in loop knots and have never considered them to be classed as a noose...

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You don't have to be a jerk and make it personal. I asked a simple question, and you can't answer, at least beyond what you think is the answer. You guys are throwing the wrong guy under the bus, I asked why, and you can't stand it because it got questioned. I was trying to give you the benefit of a doubt, but realize now that was unwarranted. Anything further, have the decency to send me a private message.

Yes you're right.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
I would bet, at best it was a slip knot, but more likely was tied in a loop knot so it wouldn't slip. I have not seen it personally, so that would be total speculation on my part. I have seen MANY tied in loop knots and have never considered them to be classed as a noose...
After 40 years of pulling down trailer doors , I can’t remember how many thousands of loops just like that I’ve yanked on to close a trailer door.

what a pathetic ending to his legacy. he was the "king." He hasn't mattered for 40 years and now this will be his crowing achievement - and a BLM car