The End

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Trip to CT was extended at least another week. I think Archery ends next week in PA. I’m averaging 4 hours or less sleep and a bad cold starting so probably wouldn’t hunt if I did miraculously make it home midweek. There’s no conceivable way though really. The major hub Greenfield Site has another impactful equipment install and beyond Strategic I’m on the ground configuring the automation. Have to switch gears and put my Director hat on midweek to prep next years budget for Board before a full weekend fire drill again.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Get some rest. I hope that cold gets taken care of. Been fighting one 3 weeks now. Hope you manage some downtime and get back out there if you're able.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Thanks, rifle season if I’m not recovering from knee surgery I’ll get out. The “Live Fire” site restart worked out. One of these days I’ll get bit but the Lord looked out for me again. Adrenaline and caffeine rollercoaster have kicked off another battle with insomnia. At least there’s a Cabelas semi close by. I didn’t pack a coat or sweater and temps dropped into the 20s with some icey snow. I’ll try and go there tomorrow. It’s perfect hunting weather already. I’m betting it’ll be real cold early and sub zero for rifle season again if this keeps up. Stay warm and keep posting hunts. I’ll live vicariously for awhile. Thanksgiving and the Saturday After rifle opener can’t get here soon enough.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Stay warm, get some rest. I hope that bad cold you mentioned doesn't throttle you the way this one has me.
I've been living through everyone else's hunts too. Haven't been healthy enough to get out. Best of luck to you and travel safe !

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Time ran out, still in CT and just hitting hotel at 1:15 A.M. so trail mix dinner then back at 6:30 A.M. to upload Logic and test this phase. I’m whooped, ran out of clothes last week and bought more. Stocked up on merino socks, tshirts, etc. I’m out again and am here until late Monday.

My Mother is about an hour away and had an issue with her place. Electrician stepped off plywood in attic and through ceiling. My Brother put Sheetrock up but gave up on crown molding. I have to stop on my way home (5 hours by itself). She then told me no saw, no nailer, no compressor. I’ll either buy my brother a set or rent I guess. I asked about the electric since I have all my gear anyway. She originally said it was just a light. I told her I’d take care of it. Texted today and she said don’t worry about buying electrical supplies. She has a ton the Electrician bought but he’s not called back to finish. 1930s 2 family house in a small suburb of a tougher city. No idea what I signed up for. No telling what she’s got going on. Guess I should call and extend the Armada I rented. They are going to start thinking I stole it. Archery will be long over and rifle is after the In-law Horde descend for Thanksgiving. This year it’s Sat opener so I will probably burn vacation the week after and be a rude host Saturday. I’m tired and a week in the woods might refresh the soul a bit.