The bass were hitting on Lake James...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It's tough to catch anything else on Lake Norman.
I sure know that it beats 80's lake norman. them little hammer handle bass were pitiful.
If they displaced other sport fish I guess that could be a negative but I doubt you find many bass fisherman wishing Norman was like it "used to be."

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I sure know that it beats 80's lake norman. them little hammer handle bass were pitiful.
If they displaced other sport fish I guess that could be a negative but I doubt you find many bass fisherman wishing Norman was like it "used to be."

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!!! That place was like the Dead Sea, the spots are the best thing that ever happened to that lake. nice Smallmouth and that is a really nice white bass. I love catching both of them.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns

The Alabama spots at Norman haven't displaced much. But the white perch displaced the white bass there.

Same thing at Lake James. The WRC now has to stock white bass to maintain the population. The white perch numbers at James have exploded.

Your going to see more and more lakes in the future I suspect stocked with white bass to maintain the populations of that species. And increased fishing license fees to pay for it.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The Alabama spots at Norman haven't displaced much. But the white perch displaced the white bass there.

Same thing at Lake James. The WRC now has to stock white bass to maintain the population. The white perch numbers at James have exploded.

Your going to see more and more lakes in the future I suspect stocked with white bass to maintain the populations of that species. And increased fishing license fees to pay for it.
Novel idea for the ones that don't like license increases. Buy a lifetime license, then they don't have to worry about that crap.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
White bass and walleye populations are crashing around the state and the WRC has to stock those species to maintain their populations (plus white bass are used to produce Bodie bass)

Lake James is the test case for white bass stocking.

Its an expense the WRC didn't have to deal with 10 years ago.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Well the WRC got a boost in funds when the permit hunts application fee got raised to 8 dollars with a 2 dollar processing fee.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
Not sure of costs for little fishies ,
I do know some states "trade' for
other species .