That Sick Feeling....

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I remembered mine just as it started to rain. At least you weren't heading out to hunt.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i had no idea where this thread was going but in terms of sick feelings wet boots dont even begin to touch some personal sick feelings i have caused. :)
maybe others can share as well.
I'll start.
Boot related - I left mine 147 miles behind one morning . had to hunt a swamp area in boat shoes. My sick feeling was revisited every few steps. :)

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I left mine at home last week, the only day it drizzled, rained and was wet, and I was leaving from work to go hunt. I ruined a pair of skechers tennis shoes!!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
what about some non boot "sick feelings"?
A lack of a pull up rope with a bow needing to get up tree steps to a loc on has caused me some feelings. Not sure if sick does them justice. :)

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Walk into the stand at dawn. Slowly crawl into stand, pull up my bow and hang it, nock an arrow when I see does coming. Quickly dig through my pack to get my release, only to realize it's in the truck. I wasn't too upset until a nice buck cruised in behind them. I always carry three releases now.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Walk into the stand at dawn. Slowly crawl into stand, pull up my bow and hang it, nock an arrow when I see does coming. Quickly dig through my pack to get my release, only to realize it's in the truck. I wasn't too upset until a nice buck cruised in behind them. I always carry three releases now.
I lost one on a texas bowhunt, only had one, you talk about sick . Borrowed one identical top mine EXCEPT it was set for bare minimum pressure. Blew a chip shot on one of those wide wide racks they grow down there.
This is a very upsetting thread. ?

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
As a teenager early in my hunting career, I was walking to the stand late one morning and ran into a doe on the path. Pulled the trigger on that SKS rifle HARD & no boom. Did it three more times before she ran away.

Realized I had not taken the safety off several moments later.

Did not see any other deer that day either!

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Had that happen to me once on an out of state hunt. Left my boots on the porch only for it to rain while I slept and I woke up to soaked boots. I now pack a back up pair just for that reason.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
wet boots, pfft i wish that was all
Years ago i was moose hunting, well low and behold one pops out along the side of an old beaver pond, up the gun, squeeze the trigger, solid hit and down it went, almost. That rotten sob took one final step, thus his momentum was a forward motion, where was the pond in relation to the moose, yup forward. I watched that moose take a nose dive and ever so slowly, almost in a poetic "screw you" way float in the middle of this pond.
So that "sick" feeling was me knowing i had to get in that pond, and down to my skivvies i went, took the felt liners out the boots, walking gingerly into the old stinking beaver pond (should note, end of Oct, already had snow) and with every step hoping and praying i didn't have to get deeper than i needed to. Seemed to play out just about perfect though, could almost reach him, need to stretch 4" to prevent further "shrinkage" and with a simple tiny step, i reached the 4" and sank 4" deeper, thus causing me to have to sit to pee for a week while things warmed up

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That sick feeling when you get home and realize that you left your new muzzle loader leaning against the gate where you climbed over to get into the truck, and the awesome feeling you get when you drive up to the gate and the muzzle loader is still right there leaning against the gate.
The sick feeling of hearing something crunch under your boat trailer tires, only to realize that it was your bow you left on top of the hardtop Jeep when you were loading up at the boat ramp. And a sicker feeling when you head to the sporting goods store to find out what that little accident is going to cost you.

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
Drove all the way to Florida for a hog hunt just to realize at 5am the first morning that I had "borrowed" the insoles out of my snake boots for another pair of shoes that were 500+ miles away.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
what about some non boot "sick feelings"?
A lack of a pull up rope with a bow needing to get up tree steps to a loc on has caused me some feelings. Not sure if sick does them justice. :)

Get to the stand and realize ammo is at the house ..... also left me release once in archery season.....and got to the club an hour from home to realize my club keys are sitting on my desk at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I always snap a cap or two before loading my ML to ensure all is dry. The one time I forgot, a decent buck steps out on a 40 yard chip shot. Of note, never before or since has one come out at this spot. Pull the trigger and no boom, just a fizzle of sparks come out the muzzle. He stood there watching me reload, LAUGHING at me I swear, until I cap it and close the gun, he turns and trots off....

Kane_b

Six Pointer
i had no idea where this thread was going but in terms of sick feelings wet boots dont even begin to touch some personal sick feelings i have caused. :)
maybe others can share as well.
I'll start.
Boot related - I left mine 147 miles behind one morning . had to hunt a swamp area in boat shoes. My sick feeling was revisited every few steps. :)
Forgot my boots hunting the other day and had to tack a deer high n low in boat shoes. Not fun lol

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The sickest feeling I've ever had in the deer woods hit me right as the arrow was sailing over his back. That one left a mark.