Thanks Noles Family for another amazing get together

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't know about any one else but I had a great time..... good food.... got to fish some ... got to watch Pickle reel in a big eye.... played with the bears some.... found some good food to munch on including the mythical peanut butter pie..... it really does exist. Thanks Conman and family for hosting all of us again....

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Fishing was VERY good....Food was GREAT!!!!......Hospitality was INCREDIBLE!!!!!

The temperatures were the best in a long time, the rains we were supposed to suffer through never showed, the fellowship was amazing, the first timers at this years Conmans Get Togetherer's I have a feeling will be around for a LONG time. I got zero bug bites this year!

I ate bobcat, bear (3 or 4 different ways), moose (roasts and pies), true Canadian Bacon, BACON!, Tuna burgers, veggies, peach Ice cream, Peanut Butter Pie, Low country Boil, soft shell crab, Drum, turkey nuggets, eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, grape salad, macc n cheese, Bear RIBS!, and probably some others I might have forgotten about in my gluttony.

Only thing I missed was the lake. It was weird not taking a break and going swimming lol.

Massive thanks to the Noles family for taking time out of their business to host this for us free, year after year. Thank you to QBD also for manning the grill or large griddle with little thanks or appreciation of his dedication to getting everyone fed. Connie not only prepared many things, days before but afterwards accepted cleanup which was when I promptly found my self pre occupied.

I got to see someone from WAY back by way of a "Putt" whom I have seen about 20 less times than I've seen his son who was about 4 when we first met!

I enjoyed getting to see who I hope is a future forum member who can't type, can't walk, can't even stop drueling, come to her first get together, and I already respect her opinion more than 1 or 2 who have been on the forum for years ;).

Other than that awesomeness, it was pretty much a disaster for me, but not worth a post ;).

Thank you SOOOOOO much Noles family, and to EVERYONE who came from near, and FAR (Canada!!!!). Good times for sure!!!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's hard for people who have never attended the get together to imagine how amazing the Noles family is, they set aside several days, work like rented mules, accommodate numerous folks at their business (some they barely know but treat like family) and generally make us all better people just by being around them.
The get together is a great time, the folks that attend are an integral part of it's success, the location incredible, but it wouldn't be a fraction of what it is without each of the Noles family.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you fail to attend, it is truly your loss.

Thanks again to the entire Noles family for the opportunity and hospitality. I hope I am never so busy that I can't stop for a couple or 3 days of relaxing, stress free insulated from the real world fun with friends and family, old and new. For those who are normally there we missed you, for those who have not yet been I look forward to seeing you next year.

Last edited:

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Hate I missed it this year! Last year was great.

Turkey season in and out of state and prepping for family vacation (gotta earn some brownie points before deer season) kept me away this year

Glad y’all had a great time as always!

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
Hate I missed it too but sometimes it can't be helped. Maybe next year things will line up so I can be there.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thank you Mike, Connie and Hayley! Always one of my favorite weekends of the year. Good times spent with old friends, family and folks there for the first time! Looking forward to doing it again next year!

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Made it home safe and sound, and still not hungry. Thanks to the entire Noles family and to everyone who showed up to make it what it was, a dang skippy good time
Making plans for next year now, need to anti up the menu a bit lol

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My first time, won't be the last. It was great meeting all of you. Now my family and my fishing buddy want to see the lake and the bears, so that camper will probably be parked back there before next year's gathering.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I need to get down there sometime....Was tied up this weekend with my grandkid's birthday party and dance recital...

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had to miss it this year, but I've been many times before, so I realize what a great time I missed. Looking forward to next year. Glad to see everyone had a fantastic time!

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Made it home safe and sound, and still not hungry. Thanks to the entire Noles family and to everyone who showed up to make it what it was, a dang skippy good time
Making plans for next year now, need to anti up the menu a bit lol
Just bring that northern bacon and you'll be fine ;)

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Kelly and I had a great time! Thanks to the entire Noles family. This is always one of the highlights of our year. It is nice to get away from work and the kids and enjoy Mike and Connie's little slice of paradise.

I'm not sure what was my favorite food item but the Low Country Boil, Soft shelled crab and moose pies were right up there. Special thanks to Dobber for brining that northern bacon. Wow that stuff was great!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The different foods were great with lots of variety, interestingly enough my wife's favorite was the smoked bobcat haunch. I would never have guessed that but she absolutely loved it. There was so much good food that my only regret was not pacing myself and trying some of all of it.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
We had a blast as usual!!! The tiny human snored the entire way home, so I'm pretty sure she had a ball as well(y)

Thank you to our hosts, and thank y'all for the company and the grubbage:)