Thanks guys - finally got it done.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
1stgenHunter if you want some more info on green river game land give me a call. I know of a couple good spots that produce deer. 8282890205

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Congrats!

Learning this technique will save you from having to drag anything, and won't take that much longer. I can field dress and de-bone a deer in less than an hour.

I've started deboning the shoulders and hams before cutting the connecting tissue.

1stgenHunter

Six Pointer
Congrats!

Learning this technique will save you from having to drag anything, and won't take that much longer. I can field dress and de-bone a deer in less than an hour.

I've started deboning the shoulders and hams before cutting the connecting tissue.

Thanks! I’ll be looking into this…this was the first deer I’ve ever processed myself so I have to take that into consideration, but skinning and quartering her took me over an hour in itself. This method looks awesome.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thanks! I’ll be looking into this…this was the first deer I’ve ever processed myself so I have to take that into consideration, but skinning and quartering her took me over an hour in itself. This method looks awesome.
Lots of videos around youtube on the subject. Obviously he's done it a few dozen times to do it so quick. Whatever method you choose more than likely it will save you a lot of labor. Look for a video that shows how to get the "tenderloin" out from under the ribs. It's a little tricky at first, but you'll get it.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats!

When he said 3 wheeler, I knew it was an old one. October '91. Does a good job.

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Bravo @1stgenHunter on the deer, the story, the effort put forth, and the way you conduct yourself on here while you’re trying to learn. No asking for spots, no divulging extra info about where you killed. You’re killing it!