Ten Point Vengent

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
This pretty little girl followed me home tonight and I just had to give her a home. Haven't named her yet or even let her bark...but I'm really excited. Not sure if I'm going to stick with the 100gn fixed blades or go to 125. At around 400 fps I don't think it really matters. Am leaning towards trying the Montec M3s. But we will see.

20200806_211213.jpg

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looks sweet!

I have killed a few deer with the G5 Montecs and they did just fine. There was always a concern with me that they didn’t seem to be as sharp as I wanted and I couldn’t make them sharper, even with the G5 tool. Hope they do well

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Looks sweet!

I have killed a few deer with the G5 Montecs and they did just fine. There was always a concern with me that they didn’t seem to be as sharp as I wanted and I couldn’t make them sharper, even with the G5 tool. Hope they do well

Ive heard great things about them in terms of penetration, but I'm a little worried about the blood trail given that they are only 1 1/8 inches in diameter.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I’ve used Montec 100 grains for years with my compound setup. Never had any issues... and don’t recall a shot where I didn’t get a complete pass through. My hunting setup is around 280 FPS.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very nice...that may be my next one if my current TenPoint ever wears out. I use mechanicals and Rage has always opened well for me so far.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ive heard great things about them in terms of penetration, but I'm a little worried about the blood trail given that they are only 1 1/8 inches in diameter.
They did just fine and blood trails were average for me. I switched to 1 1/4” cuts and seemed to improve a bit. The COC Montecs will be bad news for those baby daddies in the woods.........

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Let us know how the M3 shoot. I have found that the Montecs need a good leather stropping to shave hair. And I would bet that the M3 would be the same because of the blade angle.