Teal hunting around north topsail

My wife’s family goes to N topsail annually in sept for vacation. Being new to duck hunting I’m wanting to try to teal hunt while I’m there. Is hunting allowed around there. Any information. Would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD1107

I never have the time to get out during the early teal season due to the highway 17 rule. From what I’ve heard is they’re here one day gone the next. Not sure on the location you’re talking about, but a quick call to the GW of that area would answer all your questions. Good luck!

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
It's allowed, not sure about worth it tho. You,ll need to look up the city limits in the vicinity of the areas you are thinking about going. Other than that most of the marsh is open.

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Man, I would probably go fishing instead. If you are real serious I would take a day to scout. I'm not real keen on getting out that time of year b/c of snakes and mosquitoes. They've got gators down that way also. I was golfing one time with a group they put me with, at North Topsail. Nice guys - yankees though. They asked me why I wouldn't look for lost balls. I told them a $2 golf ball wasn't worth running up on a cotton mouth. They didn't look for their balls again after that.

Last edited:

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
dcbigdaddy! I know him well. He's a good dude. Probably reading this post right now when he should be working......although I can't say very much. hahaha

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Like all se coastal marshes, its very hit and miss. You will need to make damn sure you are out of the North Topsail city limits or their ETJ ( extra territorial jurisdiction). It usually extends out to the ICW. Good luck, but I’d rather be chasing the trout, flounder and redfish that time of year.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Even in good places for september teal hunting the birds can be tough. If you want to try it you may get very lucky and find a group or two but i doubt it. Fishing is the way to go