Taupe

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
My admin gave me some input (mind you she was also the one who told my wife about Taupe)
So downtown on the fireplace wall, and the remaining walls plaster of paris
Anyone want a 4yr old for a few weeks while i paint? (painting will take a day or two, but frankly a 4yr old wears me out and could use the break lol)

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My admin gave me some input (mind you she was also the one who told my wife about Taupe)
So downtown on the fireplace wall, and the remaining walls plaster of paris
Anyone want a 4yr old for a few weeks while i paint? (painting will take a day or two, but frankly a 4yr old wears me out and could use the break lol)

We have the ability to send 'em home... Love having the babies over, but I'm not into the extended stay..

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Go to home depot while the wife is at work - fairly strict instructions on the paint
Walk up to the paint lady, pull up the pictures and say "rug paint"
What brand is that - dunno
looks up the code in the picture and comes up with nothing, please refer to the paint card wall for Glidden and another one.
4 year old grandson attempting to be very helpful, paint lady not so much
i bought tape and brushes
So now based not he original "Taupe" colors, come to find out there is a few dozen more shades

30/06

Twelve Pointer
It is crazy how many different shades there are of the same color, even white has plenty. Who names these colors I don’t know but they have a creative flare for BS that goes beyond my abilities.

Painted a room brown in our old house, wife picked out color and it ended up being poop brown when on the wall. I had the privilege of priming, painting, repriming and painting that room.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Well whatever colors i thought we were getting we didn't, but the room is almost done, just some touch ups and then i can hang my critters
basement.jpeg

Attachments

• f u.jpeg
    f u.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Wife and I have these arguments frequently. Tan vs grey. Blue green vs green blue. Etc. do yourself a favor and just let her pick
Might as well get a straight answer as to what she wants for dinner.

It's a trap.
Wife "Which do you like?"
Husband "I like Gallery buff."
At this point its probably too late for you.

W
"Really? I prefer Warm Sand."
H "Get Warm Sand then, it looks fine."
W "I don't know..."
H "Any of them look fine, honey. I don't care."
W "You're No Help! You don't care about anything!"

The only proper response is to say, "None of those, dear. I'm about to order wallpaper, I found some in the Gore Optifade, like my Sitka Jacket!"
Or alternatively, "What! You're spending money on paint? I can go to the recycle center and get it free!" (I actually had a landlord that did this for all his houses, which explained the olive drab kitchen.