Tarpon, Lobsters and more...

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
We took a family vacation over Easter break and managed to sneak a little fishing in with our adventure...
My son with his first Tarpon.
Na5ruAh.png

Jumping picture of one I caught. Quality isn't so hot since it was a cell phone from ~60 yards or so.
EBRTgk7.png

A lobster from a snorkeling trip. We learned a little bit about free diving. That was fun.
0eGOTnd.jpg

And to top off the day, we found this poor hawk floating in the shipping channel. We debated what to do with him, and decided to scoop him up with the net and take him to the park rangers office for possible rehab. We just couldn't see leaving him there, it was certain death.
Great family fun in the USVI and BVI's.
yOV04iu.jpg

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Where'd ya go? I must have missed a detail, other than your shirt, which says "Virgin Gorda"...
Interesting hawk incident. Wonder what happened there. Looks like a juvie Red-tailed.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Where'd ya go? I must have missed a detail, other than your shirt, which says "Virgin Gorda"...
Interesting hawk incident. Wonder what happened there. Looks like a juvie Red-tailed.
We went to the USVI’s and BVI’s. The Ranger and I both thought is was a juvenile red tail. No idea how “he” got himself in the sea water, but he was clearly exhausted and offered no resistance to a free boat ride to the National Park office in St. John. Don’t know if he made it or not unfortunately. And I’m not in the pictures. I always get the “honor” of taking them. Lol

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Nice Job on the hawk....Been a while since I was there but been to St Thomas and St John before. Nice place there especially a few of the beaches. lol.