Target shooting on gamelands?

jbcook

Spike
I see that target shooting is prohibited on some gamelands. Is it ok to target shoot on gamelands if that is not specifically mentioned as a prohibited activity? I'm really most interested in the Alcoa gamelands since I will be staying on the lake there soon. Just curious what you all know about target shooting on NC gamelands. Obviously, I know that you should do this in tThanks for the help!

Teamclark

Spike
I agree I believe it is prohibited (but people obviously ignore it based upon the evidence). Best bet is to call the game warden and have him give you the straight answer since I can’t find in the regs where it says it is prohibited everywhere but on the ranges.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
It's always been prohibited on all gamelands, it's just difficult to enforce. That's one of the reasons they're building so many shooting ranges.

jbcook

Spike
If you’re going to Alcoa, isn’t the flintlock valley range open?
I'm in the Triangle, so I'll look into it. Im renting a house that borders the gameland, and the vrbo says you can target shoot there. It seems very unclear to me so that's why I'm asking. It would be free and convenient if I could. I'll check out flintlock though, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer

jbcook

Spike
I'll contact the wildlife resource commission, get the answer, and report back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk