Target Bucks On Camera....Getting What You hope For

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm thinking that most of us probably use trail cameras to help determine where and when to hunt. We often choose which buck we want to hunt and sometimes we get that deer. Of course.... sometimes we don't. Did you get the one you were after this season? Did you have a good one on camera but never connected? I took this buck the second time he ever got in front of my camera in daylight in TWO YEARS. He was a night comer and I never really thought I would see him with my eyes.14090260.jpgIMG_1273.jpg

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I based my game plan of attack on trail camera experience this year. I had this buck on camera and my experience told me that sometime between Nov. 5th and the 15th would be my best chance to catch him on his feet during legal shooting time. So my plan was to hunt as much as possible in that window frame. Nov 12 a cold front was to come through that night. Temps was going to drop big time and I knew it was now or never. I got him that evening right before dark. To my surprise he was standing under my feeder the day before at 12.30. His sparring partner made it through the season and I cant wait to see if he blows up next year.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I've never had one on camera that I targeted that I actually seen in daylight.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
20190930_121947.jpg20190930_121947.jpg20191108_205042.jpg

I had this buck on camera last season but never got any daytime pics or saw him during daylight.
This season started out the same as last season, I was getting nighttime pics only then he appears on camera in broad daylight a couple of days before I got him with the muzzle loader.
8 point, 143 gross.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
I'm thinking that most of us probably use trail cameras to help determine where and when to hunt. We often choose which buck we want to hunt and sometimes we get that deer. Of course.... sometimes we don't. Did you get the one you were after this season? Did you have a good one on camera but never connected? I took this buck the second time he ever got in front of my camera in daylight in TWO YEARS. He was a night comer and I never really thought I would see him with my eyes.View attachment 39222View attachment 39223

I did.6311CA44-7E14-4837-BDCC-502A00C46610.jpegFBE1269F-B127-437C-8714-ADC2E97E79A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Jdaddyrox

Spike
Been watching this guy for 2 years. I got him at first light with a group of does during the peak of the rut. Never saw the other guy. Can’t wait till next year to try and get him.
a1d192d4724730d218b1ef3c7b724c04.jpg

a1d192d4724730d218b1ef3c7b724c04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not this year, but in the middle of the photo is a framed gamecam photo of the bucks on either side of my wood stove, standing together.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I've never had one on camera that I targeted that I actually seen in daylight.
Same here. I don't have much 'buck traffic' around me. The only time I have a chance at one is Nov during the rut because I do whatever I can to keep the does close.

The only buck I targeted and actively chased was in 2017. I never got him on camera ... just saw him Thurs night on my way home, Friday morning, Saturday (had a ML squib fire), and finally connected on Mon morning.

Last edited:

TrkyJedi

Eight Pointer
I did not have one I wanted to hunt this year, more of a growing year than killing year. But, all of these prior years bucks were filmed and killed.20191210_211457.jpg20191210_211210.jpg