• At some point over the next few days NC Hunt and Fish will be migrating to a new server. We are not changing our hosting provider, but we are changing machines within that provider. The reason is that an external vendor, cPanel, has increased the price of their software and we need to migrate to a different control panel. When the migration occurs, the site will be unavailable and it will remain unavailable until the DNS servers are populated with the new IP address. This could take a day, but usually happens overnight. Once the site goes down you should clear your cookies and cache in your browser so you no longer attempt to connect to an old instance. Instructions will be posted on the old server so people who are stuck there will know how to find the new server.

Tailgating

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Not for the game but when hunting. My son and I are headed to the VA mountains in a few weeks and I would like to stay out all day and not come back to town or host (airbnb) for lunch. Will be hunting back in national forest and would like to prepare lunch on the tailgate. Starting from scratch here so let me know all aspects. Even interested in things like MRE and other meals and not even coming out for lunch to stoves/grills on the tailgate.

Wildlifer

Twelve Pointer
Pocket rocket, fuel, pot, water, freeze dried meal.
that’s my backpacking set up, no tailgate required. No need to come all the way out just for lunch.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Uncle Bens ready to eat cheese rice, can of chicken or deer and can of soup, all in one pot heat and eat.
Makes a great lunch or dinner.

bigten

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Many, many ways to feed yourself off grid. Your friend(s) will be a pocket rocker type heater, lightweight cooking pot and dehydrated foods. Too many choices to even begin.