Tail-light issues

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Yesterday while at a squirrel dog trial, my buddies wife backed into my truck and smashed the drivers side tail light. Their insurance is covering it but they can’t get me an appointment until the 17th and I need my truck until then. The bulb looks okay but it will not light up. The passenger side tail light will work one minute and then not work the next. Any suggestions for a quick & easy fix to get at least one brake light working until my appointment with the auto body shop?

Attachments

• 98A6FA21-A7A6-4D26-8A37-F115D2A58607.jpeg
    98A6FA21-A7A6-4D26-8A37-F115D2A58607.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 22

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'd pull the assembly and check for damaged wiring. Also, even it it looks good, a new 3057 bulb is cheap to replace just to be sure. I'm sure your issue is simple and would only take a few minutes to correct, but it does take a bit of understanding the system to test and correct.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Rig up some trailer lights if you have a plug! 😄
I seriously considered just hauling around my boat all week just to have the brake lights hahaha. Luckily I was able to get the passenger side light working and the driver said tail light will light up in the dark now (blinker and brake light still doesn’t function). Good enough for the time being.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have mag mount lights that plug to 4 way flat.
Its what I use on trailers or deer stand and the likes. Can be had for 25$ at most places that sell trailer parts or lights. Northern tool and Harbor freight carry them.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
You should be able to get a rental, because that technically considered non driveable(y)

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
You should be able to get a rental, because that technically considered non driveable(y)
Forgot to update, it seems like maybe the connectors were knocked loose, got it to start working about a week ago. Insurance was going to cover a rental but not until I had the appraisal appointment which is tomorrow.