Tactacam Solo Hunters?

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone using one of these cameras to film hunts? I just got the Solo Hunter package and I'm in the process of setting it up. Any helpful hints and tips on getting started? I'm planning on using it on small game hunts getting used to the camera before turkey season rolls around.

<>< Fish

TrkyJedi

Eight Pointer
I do. It's very good for turkey and deer hunts. 1 problem with deer hunts as it gets later closer to dark it will not pick up the animal. You'll be able to see the deer but the camera will not. It picks up sound very good, like a gobbling turkey. I have a number of turkey hunts but just a few deer hunts because of the problem mentioned above. It's good for close targets not distances over say 40 yds. And in the excitement of the hunt try not to double click the record button. You'll get nothing.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My buddy is working with them to test out some products and setups. He just came back from a hunt in Ohio and killed a nice buck but, just before getting into his stand he realized he left it at camp! lol. TRUE STORY

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Got it set up using Tactacam Connect app on my phone. It was easy enough that didn't have to ask tech support (wife) for help. I plan to mount it on a .22 for my next walk through the squirrel woods.

<>< Fish

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Look for setup videos on youtube. Use the app or some test vidoes to make sure you have it lined up good on your gun. I also use youtube for uploading videos from my 5.0. I have edited them to try to slow them down, but with youtube I can just change the playback speed to see half speed if i want.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Look for setup videos on youtube. Use the app or some test vidoes to make sure you have it lined up good on your gun. I also use youtube for uploading videos from my 5.0. I have edited them to try to slow them down, but with youtube I can just change the playback speed to see half speed if i want.

Do you use the FTS mount any? That looks interesting to me.

<>< Fish

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I have a FTS mount. Have issues with mounting the camera so the reticle/view in the scope correct, as is there is no way to mount the camera so the below is not canted without either hitting your nose or hat under recoil, in which it would be upsidedown. The mount is made to be on right or left side of the ocular lense. For a right hand shooter the left is not good, unless you want it to hit the bridge of your nose. Vice versa for lefties. Mount it the opposite and the bolt on a bolt action gets in the way. You lose the game in recoil too. I personally think a camera mounted somewhere that is stationary is better. Best videos we have, my wife videoed with her phone. It put the GoPro, Tactacam and the Lid Cam to shame. Out of those three I like the Lid Cam, but they all have their cons. IMO the cons are more than the pros.

Last edited: