Tactacam Reveal Gen 1 firmware update

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Is there anyway to do this besides downloading the latest firmware on an SD card? I have tried over 15 cards with no luck. All say “written protection”. I have tried removing this as well. Can I just plug my camera into my laptop? 🤦‍♂️ It shouldn’t be this difficult.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Is there anyway to do this besides downloading the latest firmware on an SD card? I have tried over 15 cards with no luck. All say “written protection”. I have tried removing this as well. Can I just plug my camera into my laptop? 🤦‍♂️ It shouldn’t be this difficult.
You may have your write protection on the cards is enabled??? there is a slider on the side of the card. slide it the other way.

ddavenport

Six Pointer
Contributor
I have had trouble with this also. I have probably a half dozen of those cameras that I don't use because of this issue. Some of them will continue to transmit pictures without the update but not all.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had the same issue, I ended up sending my camera back to Tactacam and they updated / reflashed it and it has worked fine since then.

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
I have had trouble with this also. I have probably a half dozen of those cameras that I don't use because of this issue. Some of them will continue to transmit pictures without the update but not all.
Yeah, that is the problem I am having with this one camera. No longer sending pics. I’ve looked online, and can’t find anything about being able to plug the camera in to the laptop and updating that way. Seems like that would be another option. 🤷‍♂️

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Have you tried using another SD card? I have seen SD cards where the lock unlock switch has no effect.
I have tried over 8 SD cards. Various brands, some new and some old. Still no luck. I have downloaded apps on my computer to remove the lock. Still no good.